Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF has posted their proposed brace rules.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I read somewhere that between 3 million and 7 million braced pistols have been sold. I don't see how all of these owners are going to be notified, and there is going to be so much confusion and irritation caused, this could end up being a giant fiasco that is unenforceable.
    It’s a feature not a bug to them. They want to make owning guns difficult. Make it so that you have to pay attention to the news otherwise one day you were not being a felon, kind of takes the coolness out of holding guns. A lot of people will just say screw it and sell or turn their crap in. Imagine all the people who have guns from relatives passing away they don’t even know what they own. Plus this doesn’t cost them anything. They don’t have to divert any money from any programs they actually want to run.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just follow the law guys. It’s good for you. Don’t even talk about anything other than complying and being a good little citizen.

Keep voting at them, keep writing those letters and making those phone calls. Just comply. Keep following orders.

IT’S THE LAW!
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 06-07-21 at 23:15.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Anyone have pictures of examples of what would pass? I was looking at all the ways to get points and then at the bottom if I read it right you get four points?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    It’s a feature not a bug to them. They want to make owning guns difficult. Make it so that you have to pay attention to the news otherwise one day you were not being a felon, kind of takes the coolness out of holding guns. A lot of people will just say screw it and sell or turn their crap in. Imagine all the people who have guns from relatives passing away they don’t even know what they own. Plus this doesn’t cost them anything. They don’t have to divert any money from any programs they actually want to run.
    Keep the brace on it = illegal. Put a stock on it = illegal. Have a legal brace + a Red Dot = illegal. At some point you can't win if you play their game, so maybe just don't play the game. I can't speak for those who have to use public gun ranges to shoot because that's not even part of my lifestyle. We could go generations out here and never encounter any issues with anything firearm related we own, except if it causes a range fire. I still say a majority of braced pistol owners will never know what they have is contraband.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    They even give you a point for NOT having sights on your pistol...think about that one if you're one point away from being an SBR and have to send your red dot in for warranty repair or something...unlikely the feds would come knocking at the same time, but it could happen. What a load of hogwash.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FUUCK them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As somebody who has no braced firearms and a few SBR's this memo means absolutely nothing to me.

Not because I don't like braces or anything like that, only that after shooting NFA stuff for almost 20 years at this point, nobody gives a **** if your SBR has papers or not, and the roughly 2200 agents at the ATF have zero ability to enforce of if this shit on an individual basis.

I dont care if somebody is shooting an 80 ****ing point pistol, if they are not spot checking SBR's, engraving/922r/transport docs, has not been an issue once in the age of internet they are damn well not going to spot check pistols. From a practical standpoint, there really is not much of an incentive to even fill out a form 1 anymore.

Are lowers available? Are uppers available, well there you go.

The only place that this is likely to become a factor is if one is flying with a Pistol AR. Other than that this can be filed with 922r, engraving, transport docs and dog license as items that have been an issues approximately never.

Feedback Score
    Pistol Braces are an example of human ingenuity as a work around. NFA laws make no sense and have ZERO affect on public safety. The BATFE is just more government and more regulations.

Pistol Braces defy the NFA and so this is more of an egoic battle that the BATFE must win. It has nothing to do with public safety.

Many may be ignorant of changes regarding pistol braces without any consequences. However pistol braced weapons will no longer be go to choices for home and personal defense.

The USA with its constitution was supposed to limit government and yet the USA has the biggest government in the world. We have a fake president, a woke military, and a looming requirement to get an experimental shot that doesn't even prevent one from getting the ccp lab virus or spreading it. It supposedly just lessons the severity of the symptoms.

Nothing makes sense anymore.
    Last edited by prepare; 06-08-21 at 05:34.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Looking at the point system criteria, I remember seeing lots of Thompson Center Arms competition pistols over the years with scopes and bi-pods. Would these also fall under these new regulations?
    If someone wanted to use a pistol brace with their TC Contender and limited eye relief scope and bi-pod then I'd assume they'd be under the same point scheme scrutiny.

I disagree with all of it on general shall not be infringed basis, but it looks like whoever was involved with this knew a bit more about firearms than the congressman explaining the 'shoulder things that goes up", although same mentality.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-08-21 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I read somewhere that between 3 million and 7 million braced pistols have been sold. I don't see how all of these owners are going to be notified, and there is going to be so much confusion and irritation caused, this could end up being a giant fiasco that is unenforceable.
    If they deem most pistol braced firearms as SBR’s then they have written SBR’s into common use and are therefore it’s illegal to regulate with a tax and invalidates the short barrel portion of the NFA.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast