Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF has posted their proposed brace rules.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Deleted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    You can use a brace on your SBR’s and carbines.
    And neither are a pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So whats the punishment for not registering your braced pistol and paying the $200 tax?

10 years in jail and up to a $250,000 fine?

What happened to the US Constitution's guarantee that a punishment must fit the crime?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    True, but a person with a disability would have to register it as a NFA item in order to use it.
    Which makes the brace banned in my state. No NFA here…. I actually asked my disabled senator (Tammy Duckworth-D) how that would affect fellow disabled vets and was brushed off with no comment. Of course she also doesn’t believe commoners have a need for any gun that isn’t reloaded with a ball, wadding, and black powder.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    You can use a brace on your SBR’s and carbines.
    If you pay the government the honor of owning such a thing (which is not Constitutional) and It could be argued that ads a hardship under the ADA. As I said, it's rare for a case made under ADA to fail as no one wants to get blamed for saying no to the disabled.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-05-23 at 16:54.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Let’s not screw around with any kind of ADA defense of this. It’s Second Amendment-based or nothing. To allow them to go around and be able to use the ADA means we have done nothing to protect our rights.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Let’s not screw around with any kind of ADA defense of this. It’s Second Amendment-based or nothing. To allow them to go around and be able to use the ADA means we have done nothing to protect our rights.
    No reason not to do both.

As Will said, ADA cases rarely fail and the arguments against are often viewed by more of the public as unreasonable and often heinous

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    No reason not to do both.

As Will said, ADA cases rarely fail and the arguments against are often viewed by more of the public as unreasonable and often heinous
    You get a group of disabled vets to sue based on ADA hardship and it gets attention that the gubment is trying to prevent them from being able to protect them selves, yada yada, and it may go away as it looks bad and few will want to support that PR optic. It is worth a try for sure.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I think our best actual attack will be executive/administrative overreach under the Administrative procedures act. But obviously we need to attack it under the Second Amendment, ADA, and whatever else it violates. This is a particularly nasty piece of rule making by the ATF (following up on the precedent set by the Trumpstock ban). If we lose this there really is no limit to the power that the ATF will have to simply "reinterpret" the law. There is no reason they can't ban all semiautomatics as machine-guns given enough linguistic abuse.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Perhaps the ACLU will take the case.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast