Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA PA-15 11.5” Carbine-Length 5.56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I say good deals, decent quality. Have several PSA parts, one complete upper, all have run without a hitch.

The upper DID have a slightly canted FSB. Was able to be zeroed and shot just fine, I think it was around 21 clicks left though.

Shaved the FSB and put a VTAC rail and Midwest fixed front site on. Kicks even more ass, now. 5 clicks left, I think.

But that upper, another BCG, some lower parts, RE and buffer, etc......all been fine.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    They were charging $499.00 for it. Down from $799.00
    The quality and $499 price are probably in line with 2019 value. That being said I did order one.

There’s a huge slump on AR sales right now, every lgs around town has full racks of AR’s.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Good price. So is it a good buy? Pro's-Con's?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ry-handle.html
    Cons - PSA quality is lower than more expensive brands, bore is bare steel, and carbine handguards feel cramped to me.

Pros - PSA has a good warranty department, I really like my 11.3" 5.56 pistol, its ready to go (no need to buy sights or optics), and it looks damn cool with the FSB plus carry handle.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-11-21 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Mine showed up today, and honestly not too impressed.
    Fsb is visibly canted to the right and the taper pin is junked up. Also flashing from the forging is still there.

There is chatter around the hammer pin hole, like it wasnt deburred. (nitpicking maybe)

The receiver extension is weird as it has a step down before the castle nut, and the finish is poor.

Bcg staking is substandard.

This isn’t an $800 AR on sale for $500, it’s just an AR for $500

Side note though, the Magpul BTR brace is better than I expected.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-12-21 at 20:58.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    No idea… but I’ve seen a few people have similar issues with PSA, and they have fixed it.

I’m easy, if it gets somewhere close to centered when zeroing, and doesn’t look trashed… I’m fine with it.
    Pretty sure that is the SAC model from PSA.

Shoot Around Corners...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Mine showed up today, and honestly not too impressed.
    Fsb is visibly canted to the right and the taper pin is junked up. Also flashing from the forging is still there.

There is chatter around the hammer pin hole, like it wasnt deburred. (nitpicking maybe)

The receiver extension is weird as it has a step down before the castle nut, and the finish is poor.

Bcg staking is substandard.

This isn’t an $800 AR on sale for $500, it’s just an AR for $500

Side note though, the Magpul BTR brace is better than I expected.
    I bought the same pistol about a week ago. I just looked it over, and only saw 1 cosmetic issue similar to yours. A "miniscule" amount of "chaff" at the sight/gas block pin". I'd have never noticed, if you'd not said something. This was a "spare", & for $500.00, who care's? I'm going to do a few "upgrades", & it'll be a "work grade pistol". I've got several, including nicer/other brands/more $$ spent, SO NO big deal. I just like the fact, they offer lower cost options.
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Whether you spend $500 or $5000 on it, it should have never left their facility with all those problems. That's why I won't buy PSA. The minimal cost savings isn't worth the gamble and my time is pretty important to me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have two PSA “Premiun” uppers with FN CHF barrels and one of them came with a Geissele handguard and gas block. No issues with either of them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    No idea… but I’ve seen a few people have similar issues with PSA, and they have fixed it.

I’m easy, if it gets somewhere close to centered when zeroing, and doesn’t look trashed… I’m fine with it.
    So, PSA got it on Tuesday (6/22), and shipped back to me yesterday (6/23). Said it was canted to the left, adjusted to the right, and confirmed alignment.

Will find out the result when I get it back. Will post when I do.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I wonder what John Henry's resume looked like when they hired him as a warranty repair tech?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast