Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA PA-15 11.5” Carbine-Length 5.56

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question PSA PA-15 11.5” Carbine-Length 5.56

Good price. So is it a good buy? Pro's-Con's?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ry-handle.html
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    I like the 11.5 barrel length, im assuming it's the $500 one that came with carry handle I've seen since I can't get the site to open right now. Pros: decent price, if anything is broken psa will replace/repair, if it is the fsb carry handle one it looks cool. Cons are well its a psa, so it'll need some vetting before its trustworthy, stuff like check tightness and torque on everything, make sure fsb isn't way off, make sure no other stupid things happened in assembly due to current social situations, and psa being a mass producer and having to draw the line on qc checking vs just fixing it when it goes wrong. If the barrel isn't nitrided then barrel life will take major hit, which is unavoidable in an autoloader with bare steel, (if it is tempered to have a high enough surface hardness to exhibit good wear characteristics it won't have the toughness to not catastrophically fail when 55-60k psi is pushed through it, so its gonna be soft enough to hold the pressure) which isn't a big deal if you're just blasting dirt at 10yds, but say 5k rounds at a moderate pace and you're out of accurate barrel life.

Overall if you wanted a pistol to get your feet wet then its not terrible, if you wanted one to run the dog out of I'd look in the couple hundred dollar more range and get one with a chrome/nitride barrel, from a reputable company.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the price is decent I see no problem other than I'd unass those giant catch-on-everything carry handle bolts.

Feedback Score
    It is now out of stock. It is a phosphate classic with carry handle. It is a inexpensive pistol. I agree with 95ford that your likely looking at a 5,000 round barrel life. If it is just a plinker than go for it if the price is not too high. It currently does not show the price, so I do not know what they were charging.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They were charging $499.00 for it. Down from $799.00
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PSA PA-15 11.5” Carbine-Length 5.56

I built one off of a similar kit… nitrided barrel instead of phosphated.

I love it, minus the fact that the rear sight had to be pushed all the way to the left.

In contact with PSA, and looks like they will be shipping it back to hopefully realign the front sight block. Also have an AK-P that casings are beating the hell out of the aluminum top cover (rear edge of the ejection port is chewed up).

It was a sort of a Heat build. Very nice pistol, and can’t wait for it to be repaired. Didn’t feel like adding the IWC mount/Surefire G2X, just to have to pull it when it goes back.
    Last edited by Screwball; 06-09-21 at 20:41.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious how they are going to realign the FSB without replacing the barrel. The old fashioned way is to vice the upper and hit the FSB with a mallet, but that will mash the index pin into the UR's slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I built one off of a similar kit… nitrided barrel instead of phosphated.

I love it, minus the fact that the rear sight had to be pushed all the way to the left.

In contact with PSA, and looks like they will be shipping it back to hopefully realign the front sight block. Also have an AK-P that casings are beating the hell out of the aluminum top cover (rear edge of the ejection port is chewed up).

It was a sort of a Heat build. Very nice pistol, and can’t wait for it to be repaired. Didn’t feel like adding the IWC mount/Surefire G2X, just to have to pull it when it goes back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    I'm curious how they are going to realign the FSB without replacing the barrel. The old fashioned way is to vice the upper and hit the FSB with a mallet, but that will mash the index pin into the UR's slot.
    No idea… but I’ve seen a few people have similar issues with PSA, and they have fixed it.

I’m easy, if it gets somewhere close to centered when zeroing, and doesn’t look trashed… I’m fine with it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    They were charging $499.00 for it. Down from $799.00
    They have a couple of nitride uppers/barrels in stock now, in the high $300 - low $400 range.

Feedback Score
    There are some pretty good deals on PSA right now.
    Last edited by Red*Lion; 06-10-21 at 15:27.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast