Thread: Shotgun testing on ballistic dummies by Garand Thumb

Feedback Score

Shotgun testing on ballistic dummies by Garand Thumb

New respect for shotguns. Garand Thumb does a pretty good job. Uses IPSC targets along with body simulators with fake organs and bones.

With buck shot, I wish he had started at 100 yards and walked it in. That would have been interesting and kept the target pretty fresh until he got closer. Even longer ranges with a slug, with in reason on drop.

Still fun to watch for the info and how giddy he gets at times.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    This is a video from Garand Thumb where he begins shooting at long distance and moves closer. He uses birdshot, buckshot, and slugs in this video, "How far are shotguns deadly".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AXqbMyL60A
    Last edited by thebolt; 05-03-22 at 09:34. Reason: included video title

Feedback Score
    I really like his videos and found the shotgun one very informative. Also, those torso targets are super cool! Even though my go-to guns are of the AR variety, i have a Beretta 1301 tactical that i love to shoot.

I don't think shotguns are for everyone, and especially not new shooters like a lot of fuds suggest, but they are very deadly up close if you use the right ammo and know how to run it. I run the Federal Premium 00 buck with flight control, as well as the Federal Premium slugs, and i know how they pattern in my gun at different distances. I may even take my 1301 on a river fishing trip to Alaska this summer, and will carry the Brenneke Black Magic slugs for that application.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I really like his videos and found the shotgun one very informative. Also, those torso targets are super cool! Even though my go-to guns are of the AR variety, i have a Beretta 1301 tactical that i love to shoot.

I don't think shotguns are for everyone, and especially not new shooters like a lot of fuds suggest, but they are very deadly up close if you use the right ammo and know how to run it. I run the Federal Premium 00 buck with flight control, as well as the Federal Premium slugs, and i know how they pattern in my gun at different distances. I may even take my 1301 on a river fishing trip to Alaska this summer, and will carry the Brenneke Black Magic slugs for that application.
    Training plays a HUGE role. My ex gf was 115#, and 5'3". She absolutely loved shotguns. My Benelli SNT stock was a bit long for her, but my M4 SBS with C-stock on t he mid position fit perfect. The myth that shotguns kick too hard for "beginners" is 90% of why they do. The other 10% is poor recoil management, or the dickhead that shoves a 3" turkey load in the mag tube "for fun".

Me? I can just treat it like a big pistol, lol

Feedback Score
    GREAT Videos!! I love training with shotguns! It was great to see the general ballistics of what they do.
    wordle answer today