Thread: Shotgun testing on ballistic dummies by Garand Thumb

Feedback Score

Shotgun testing on ballistic dummies by Garand Thumb

New respect for shotguns. Garand Thumb does a pretty good job. Uses IPSC targets along with body simulators with fake organs and bones.

With buck shot, I wish he had started at 100 yards and walked it in. That would have been interesting and kept the target pretty fresh until he got closer. Even longer ranges with a slug, with in reason on drop.

Still fun to watch for the info and how giddy he gets at times.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    This is a video from Garand Thumb where he begins shooting at long distance and moves closer. He uses birdshot, buckshot, and slugs in this video, "How far are shotguns deadly".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AXqbMyL60A
    Last edited by thebolt; 05-03-22 at 09:34. Reason: included video title

Feedback Score
    I really like his videos and found the shotgun one very informative. Also, those torso targets are super cool! Even though my go-to guns are of the AR variety, i have a Beretta 1301 tactical that i love to shoot.

I don't think shotguns are for everyone, and especially not new shooters like a lot of fuds suggest, but they are very deadly up close if you use the right ammo and know how to run it. I run the Federal Premium 00 buck with flight control, as well as the Federal Premium slugs, and i know how they pattern in my gun at different distances. I may even take my 1301 on a river fishing trip to Alaska this summer, and will carry the Brenneke Black Magic slugs for that application.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I really like his videos and found the shotgun one very informative. Also, those torso targets are super cool! Even though my go-to guns are of the AR variety, i have a Beretta 1301 tactical that i love to shoot.

I don't think shotguns are for everyone, and especially not new shooters like a lot of fuds suggest, but they are very deadly up close if you use the right ammo and know how to run it. I run the Federal Premium 00 buck with flight control, as well as the Federal Premium slugs, and i know how they pattern in my gun at different distances. I may even take my 1301 on a river fishing trip to Alaska this summer, and will carry the Brenneke Black Magic slugs for that application.
    Training plays a HUGE role. My ex gf was 115#, and 5'3". She absolutely loved shotguns. My Benelli SNT stock was a bit long for her, but my M4 SBS with C-stock on t he mid position fit perfect. The myth that shotguns kick too hard for "beginners" is 90% of why they do. The other 10% is poor recoil management, or the dickhead that shoves a 3" turkey load in the mag tube "for fun".

Me? I can just treat it like a big pistol, lol

Feedback Score
    GREAT Videos!! I love training with shotguns! It was great to see the general ballistics of what they do.
    wordle answer today