Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Land Cruiser looks awesome, but we can't have it. :(

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Still bloated and piggy compared to the originals and for my tastes, but at least it's still true to it's predecessors. Can't say the same for Land Rover/Range Rover. Seeing the new Defenders around town and it's a joke. The new Land Rover Discoveries and Range Rovers as well. Sad.
    I agree about the bloated looks of new Trucks and SUVs but it was my understanding that LR are still great off roaders. I don't follow Land Rover but I remember seeing the new one perform well off road. Could be wrong though

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I agree about the bloated looks of new Trucks and SUVs but it was my understanding that LR are still great off roaders. I don't follow Land Rover but I remember seeing the new one perform well off road. Could be wrong though

I’m sure they do and I’ve seen nice videos of them doing well with professional drivers. But all that plastic and low hanging facia does not help, and Land Rovers were known in the past for amazing visibility.

All the new rides have small windows, Blindspot‘s, and higher doors. Drivers and passengers lose the scenery they’re driving through. Take a ride in an old discovery or old Range Rover, and you’ll be amazed at how high you sit and how much you can see.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

The new Defender in the tricked out form does very well, but the reliability is lacking. Testers had to get more then one test vehicle because they had to send the original back due to issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I can’t think of overseas land cruisers and not think of technicals. Then I remembered the stories about “Bob’s plumbing“ in Texas having their used Chevy pick up end up being used by Isis in Syria. And then thinking about how the US military said they couldn’t bring back Humvees and other vehicles from the Middle East because it just wasn’t financially worth it. How is it that Isis can get Bob’s plumbing pick up in Syria, but we can’t bring back our Humvees?
    There is a school in my work area that does humanitarian aide to some villages in Africa. They load up a full size shipping container full of supplies every 6 months to a year and ship it over. Inside that container are usually 2 or 3 vehicles as well, mostly older Toyotas. Im guessing there are many places throughout the US doing the same thing.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Difference is...Syria and other 3rd world nations do not have emissions laws and the USA does.

Therefore, no, you cannot import Toyota Hi-Luxes, Land Cruisers or other vehicles from those places.

Feedback Score
    Is that 3.5 L engine related to the one in the current taco truck? I thought that one wasn’t well thought of as the 4 liter in the current 4Runner ?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The new Defender in the tricked out form does very well, but the reliability is lacking. Testers had to get more then one test vehicle because they had to send the original back due to issues.
    Well at least the new Defender lives up to its lineage.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Is that 3.5 L engine related to the one in the current taco truck? I thought that one wasn’t well thought of as the 4 liter in the current 4Runner ?
    It's not. It's a derivative of the 3.5 twin turbo motor from Lexus.

Ive not heard a lot of complaints from the 3.5 liter in the Taco. Though a lot of people dont like the tuning on the 6 speed auto it uses.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Still bloated and piggy compared to the originals and for my tastes, but at least it's still true to it's predecessors. Can't say the same for Land Rover/Range Rover. Seeing the new Defenders around town and it's a joke. The new Land Rover Discoveries and Range Rovers as well. Sad.
    The LC300 GR Sport model will have lift and different bumpers for better approach and departure angles. It will be geared more for off road

There is a leaked spec sheet out of Indonesia that shows 3 models of LX600's. One is the F Sport which people think will be the GR Sport in Lexus trim. We will see.

GR Sport on left - Standard on right:

Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 06-16-21 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Difference is...Syria and other 3rd world nations do not have emissions laws and the USA does.

Therefore, no, you cannot import Toyota Hi-Luxes, Land Cruisers or other vehicles from those places.
    Actually you can. Just not brand new ones

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast