Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Land Cruiser looks awesome, but we can't have it. :(

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Toyota does (probably) build the most dependable vehicles. But I think that is because they tend to be very conservative with their designs and upgrades. My 4runner is essentially a 15 year old 2020 truck (other than the CarPlay, etc). But I don't know if I would want to beta test that turbo v6. Maybe I'll get one in 10 years.
    I agree. I hate being the guinea pig myself. The one thing that it has going for it is that the engine is only new to the Tundra. The 3.5 twin turbo engine was introduced in the Lexus LS 500 in 2017. It has a great record.

Now if they release a hybrid high-performance model, I would give it a bit if you are thinking of that model.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Toyota does (probably) build the most dependable vehicles. But I think that is because they tend to be very conservative with their designs and upgrades. My 4runner is essentially a 15 year old 2020 truck (other than the CarPlay, etc). But I don't know if I would want to beta test that turbo v6. Maybe I'll get one in 10 years.
    I agree about the 4Runner. I love mine. Not sure where you live, but it gets hot and nasty where I am. Just put the ceramic tint on all the glass and the 2 center console vents for the rear can now keep up cooling the short people off. It does a great job blocking the heat. That was my only complaint with the truck and now I have none.

Feedback Score
    my FJ was made in the Hino plant so the thing was a beast but mileage sucked and with kids the doors got old

our 4runner think it was a 2013 we recently sold loved it but not using it to its ability with kids in school one in college

they make the best rigs BUT for sure as said conservative and out of date

kinda want to just get a earthcruiser next time around for off roading and camping or just get a taco and fix it up or maybe a new Tundra ? but really I got more into ultralight gear and cutting back on weight to carry for camping and would rather get a killer side by side that is superior for off roading tow it to the trail head and go and if it breaks trailer it back up drive home !
    breaking your trail rig is no fun when its what has to get you home

and IMHO the only reason you would want a LC anymore is for more camping off roading and so on with so many better road vehicles that are large SUV no reason anymore for mall cruising a LC

like others would agree they need to bring the 70s and stuff state side

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well wish in one hand and shit in the other see which one fills up first.

Toyota is not going to offer a diesel in North America.
    Yeah, I know. I know there will never be a diesel Tacoma.
    Everyone knows there will never be diesel Tacoma, even though it would be awesome.

But a boy can dream, can’t he…Lemme have my silly fantasy. ;-)

Feedback Score
    It’s amazing how old the basics are in it and how well it has aged. I wanted the next gen 4Runner for my son, but it was too late and we went with a Jeep Wrangler. The 2021 4Runner was the front runner till the end.

The new 4Runner will have to fit in here somewhere, hopefully as a 2023 late next year. Hopefully it won’t go full stupid. I doubt it will be this, but I like the styling. I want a Toyota, not a Lexus- that was a primary attribute I liked, a little incognito.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well wish in one hand and shit in the other see which one fills up first.

Toyota is not going to offer a diesel in North America.
    Just yesterday I watched a 81 FJ70 series, RHD, 4-cyl turbo diesel (imported from Japan) with only 136k miles sell on Bring a Trailer for just over $15k. Had I the money at the moment...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I agree about the 4Runner. I love mine. Not sure where you live, but it gets hot and nasty where I am. Just put the ceramic tint on all the glass and the 2 center console vents for the rear can now keep up cooling the short people off. It does a great job blocking the heat. That was my only complaint with the truck and now I have none.
    I just put Llumar Formula One series - Stratos tint on my LX570. All I can say is wow. Did the windshield too. That tint is simply amazing. Not cheap, but the difference is huge. 15% all around - windshield at 30% (yeah I know it won't pass - don't care). The installer has a lifetime warranty on the thing. Cracked windshield, rip, tear, whatever - it gets replaced for free.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

and IMHO the only reason you would want a LC anymore is for more camping off roading and so on with so many better road vehicles that are large SUV no reason anymore for mall cruising a LC
    There's a lot to name brand. In my area....and I'm sure Alex can back me up on this......no self respecting eastern European is going to drive anything smaller than a G-wagon. !! Seriously though the LC/GX is one of the most popular wife cars in the Soviet community here. Husband's could be driving whatever because it could be based on their jobs but Tundras are very popular. If you're trying to show that you're not some bum the cars are .... Lexus GX, RX, Mercedes GLS 450/580/G-Wagon, Tesla, Audi Q7, Tundra, Land Rover. In the early 00s BMW X5 were popular but not much anymore. With the 35-40 year old range it's becoming increasingly popular to get yourself a Tesla SUV and your wife a G-Wagon. Lexus GX/LC/Tundra is popular with those over 40 years old

None of these cars even see a dirt path let alone off road and that's not why they're bought. Most don't know what the H/L shifter is for.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 06-10-21 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    There's a lot to name brand. In my area....and I'm sure Alex can back me up on this......no self respecting eastern European is going to drive anything smaller than a G-wagon. !! Seriously though the LC/GX is one of the most popular wife cars in the Soviet community here. Husband's could be driving whatever because it could be based on their jobs but Tundras are very popular. If you're trying to show that you're not some bum the cars are .... Lexus GX, RX, Mercedes GLS 450/580/G-Wagon, Tesla, Audi Q7, Tundra, Land Rover. In the early 00s BMW X5 were popular but not much anymore. With the 35-40 year old range it's becoming increasingly popular to get yourself a Tesla SUV and your wife a G-Wagon. Lexus GX/LC/Tundra is popular with those over 40 years old

None of these cars even see a dirt path let alone off road and that's not why they're bought. Most don't know what the H/L shifter is for.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Yup, my LX rides great on the road. Even though it's a '14 and has +90K. Everything still works like new. Yeah, the tech is outdated as far as the infotainment goes, but the 21 speaker Mark Levinson stereo is still amazing. My plan is to slowly wean it away from the luxury look to an off road look (front and rear bumpers, upgraded under armor, suspension, etc.). Work in progress. I make sure to put it in 4 low every month or so, to get everything all lubed up and make sure it is functional.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Junk I say. Way over priced as well.
    LOL. Most dependable SUV ever made. Please explain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast