Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Housing market

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    The people that my realtor friends tell me are buying the houses in Houston are not corporations or REITs, but people fleeing CA, NY and IL.

My cousin says it is almost 3 to 1 transplants to native TX buyers that he is signing deal for. Frightening.....because this the type of migration that ruined places like OR, AZ and CO.

I laugh and joke to him that he better hope he never runs out of transplants to sell our houses to.

My problem is...I am a native Texan and love our culture and state and was not planning on leaving. However, if the cost of living in TX and the political climate changes, we might be forced to leave.

Depressing....when I think about it for too long. There is next to nothing we can do to stop this trend.
    Even more depressing is that all the places to “go to” are having insurgencies of progressives, that are ruining them.

I bought a property in Wyoming as part of my long term transition to get out of CO, got it just before the scamdemic hit, property values there are skyrocketing as well from all the asshole NY’ers and Cali pricks relocating there also.

I thought for sure Wyoming would be the last place it would happen due to the wind and winters, but they’ve already started showing up like locusts.

There won’t be anywhere to go, soon. It’ll come down to submission or ammunition one way or another.

My CO house value is insane. I get offers all the time, people will leave me letters and one couple even knocked on my door.

It’s infuriating.

One the other end of the spectrum is all the tent city’s going up all over the Denver area and even some places in the burbs.

Disgusting drug addict 20 and 30 somethings just destroying and shitting on everything they come in contact with.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Even more depressing is that all the places to “go to” are having insurgencies of progressives, that are ruining them.

I bought a property in Wyoming as part of my long term transition to get out of CO, got it just before the scamdemic hit, property values there are skyrocketing as well from all the asshole NY’ers and Cali pricks relocating there also.

I thought for sure Wyoming would be the last place it would happen due to the wind and winters, but they’ve already started showing up like locusts.

There won’t be anywhere to go, soon. It’ll come down to submission or ammunition one way or another.

My CO house value is insane. I get offers all the time, people will leave me letters and one couple even knocked on my door.

It’s infuriating.

One the other end of the spectrum is all the tent city’s going up all over the Denver area and even some places in the burbs.

Disgusting drug addict 20 and 30 somethings just destroying and shitting on everything they come in contact with.
    I don't know where in Wyoming you're looking to go, but I can tell you that the metropolitan areas are almost as bad as any metropolitan area and any other state with regard to influx of liberals. Maybe not to quite the extent, but it's happening.

Feedback Score

It’s infuriating.

And that new gun law prememption is going to hurt, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I don't know where in Wyoming you're looking to go, but I can tell you that the metropolitan areas are almost as bad as any metropolitan area and any other state with regard to influx of liberals. Maybe not to quite the extent, but it's happening.
    CO property was so crazy I thought I'd look at around Jackson. Sweet Jesus, I thought CO was insane. Remember, that is a second home to most, so they'll skip a lot of the winter that they don't want to ski in. The problem with WY is that is seems to be gorgeous and expensive or flat, boring and cheap. And not that close. At least Jackson has big planes going from DEN.

I'm looking at this progressive attack on white people- from trying to purge the LEO and MIL ranks of conservatives and put CRT in the heads that remain. Realizing that as white kids they are going to have low draft positions. My thought was govt jobs for them, but they will get outed and removed. I've started looking at places for them to get dual citizenship. Someplace that won't make the multicultural miscalculation that we did here- and that the dollar goes pretty far. Ireland maybe, Poland probably better. Just get them a good bolthole option in case this place goes full South Africa/Belgian Congo. We does the left hate the their country, us, and frankly themselves so much that they have to screw it up? Of course this is if the current arc of my wife's and my earnings pan out, and we leave them with some buy-in money, but who knows what kind of inheritance tax we will be facing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like Denver looks a lot like Austin, Texas.

I would not consider "escaping" TX for WY. Too cold and yeah, the housing prices were shocking in the not-so-sexy areas.

I am just pissed that TX is deteriorating. I was not planning on leaving this state, ever, but the influx of CA and NY people and the high property taxes are making us totally re-think our retirement plans.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Sounds like Denver looks a lot like Austin, Texas.

I would not consider "escaping" TX for WY. Too cold and yeah, the housing prices were shocking in the not-so-sexy areas.

I am just pissed that TX is deteriorating. I was not planning on leaving this state, ever, but the influx of CA and NY people and the high property taxes are making us totally re-think our retirement plans.
    Same for NC. Used to be solid red. Even the democrats were old 'Dixiecrats', strong 2A, etc. Not anymore. The I-85/40 corridor? Fuhgetaboutit. There is a strong correlation with immigration from the north and west coast to our cities, and subsequent property values.

I love NC. I was born here, gone off and on in the military (came back to Camp Lejeune every time I could), my mom's family were some of the first people in eastern NC. I don't want to leave. But it's definitely not the same that it was.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The real question people should be asking if their states are being taken over by the progressive blue plague is this: "Where can I go?"

Where? They are infesting every traditionally red state like locusts and out breeding Conservatives. They inject themselves into local politics and fvck everything up and have all the time in the world to just push their BS on everyone else- living off of .gov money either from welfare programs or college loans, or .gov jobs they just soak it all up and have the time to be active in politics whereas I am working my ass off to provide for my family and pay for their shit!

They infest the city centers and control the rural lands through numbers and force their politics and laws on everyone in the state- it's wrong and unjust, but reality right now.

It's infuriating.

So where do you go?

Where in this country won't be turned into shit from the progressive blue plague?

That's the real pandemic we are facing, much more dangerous and deadly than the CoofRona.

I used to love Colorado, I mean really love her, but now I hate, HATE it with a passion, what it has become is enough to make me snap. I've become a stranger in a place I once called home, I'm not even welcome here anymore.

Where can I go that won't see the same thing happen?

I used to think Texas, Idaho or Montana- but saw the writing on the wall, then Wyoming, writing on the wall... Where?

I'm looking for Galt's Gulch right about now.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Utah, Salt Lake City? Sure you have rhino GOP like Romney, and those people can go back to progressive in a heartbeat, but I don’t know if it would go Democrat. Maybe the Mormon influence and less alcohol, and no weed? Will make the California locusts stay away.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Utah, Salt Lake City? Sure you have rhino GOP like Romney, and those people can go back to progressive in a heartbeat, but I don’t know if it would go Democrat. Maybe the Mormon influence and less alcohol, and no weed? Will make the California locusts stay away.
    Salt Lake is already turned the corner and is Liberal. 43% in the last election voted democratic ticket.
    Salt Lake County was 53% Democratic vote.

The progressive blue Plague already hit there.

It's the same as everywhere else, progressive island in Salt Lake City surrounded by a sea of Red/Conservative voters who have been silenced and disenfranchised...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Salt Lake is already turned the corner and is Liberal. 43% in the last election voted democratic ticket.
    Salt Lake County was 53% Democratic vote.

The progressive blue Plague already hit there.

It's the same as everywhere else, progressive island in Salt Lake City surrounded by a sea of Red/Conservative voters who have been silenced and disenfranchised...

Yet because of the ways the districts were made, the US Representative that covers SLC, who was a 1-term democrat, was unseated by Burgess Owens, a (black) Republican.

The state itself is pretty conservative, with the Blue Blight around SLC. A lot of the rest of the county is red, though the population density is more in the city itself...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The people that my realtor friends tell me are buying the houses in Houston are not corporations or REITs, but people fleeing CA, NY and IL.

My cousin says it is almost 3 to 1 transplants to native TX buyers that he is signing deal for. Frightening.....because this the type of migration that ruined places like OR, AZ and CO.

I laugh and joke to him that he better hope he never runs out of transplants to sell our houses to.

My problem is...I am a native Texan and love our culture and state and was not planning on leaving. However, if the cost of living in TX and the political climate changes, we might be forced to leave.

Depressing....when I think about it for too long. There is next to nothing we can do to stop this trend.
    I’m right there with you, just in Dallas.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast