Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendations for a suppressor for full auto use

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How many rounds through the Surefire? If it's been used a lot and have a lot of carbon build up, it'll be less efficient.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    How many rounds through the Surefire? If it's been used a lot and have a lot of carbon build up, it'll be less efficient.
    A bunch through my socom RC but only 1500 or so through my socom RC2. I would think they would get hot enough to burn a lot of the crap out.

I did plug both of them up and fill the suppressors with Clr for a few days. Some carbon came out but I did not notice a difference in sound. They did smoke like crazy after several magazines.

I was told that the warcomp mount may allow gas to escape out of the back of the suppressor so I ordered a couple of new mounts yesterday to see it that changes anything. I only have the warcomp on 2 uppers.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If you really intend mag dumps on a full auto maybe take a look at the Thunderbeast 556 Takedown.

There's some video out there of TBAC running 14 mags through full auto on an SBR and it is glowing red and the handguard gets discolored but it holds up fine.

You can disassemble to clean, and rotate baffles as they wear. Also a full depot rebuild is pretty inexpensive.

Downside is that it has been discontinued. It was heavy and designed for abuse - also it is direct thread. Not super popular in the general market. Still you might be able to find one out there. IIRC they tend to run low to mid 130's dB at shooter's ear depending on ammo and the upper.

I have one of the DSU's in jail now. Mine in a few more months.

ETA found the video 14 mags: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aRQ0nHa7L8

Sound level testing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRQJJG9WBs
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 06-14-21 at 18:55. Reason: add video

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgbyf View Post
    A bunch through my socom RC but only 1500 or so through my socom RC2. I would think they would get hot enough to burn a lot of the crap out.

I did plug both of them up and fill the suppressors with Clr for a few days. Some carbon came out but I did not notice a difference in sound. They did smoke like crazy after several magazines.

I was told that the warcomp mount may allow gas to escape out of the back of the suppressor so I ordered a couple of new mounts yesterday to see it that changes anything. I only have the warcomp on 2 uppers.
    The warcomp has a big negative impact on suppression and even Surefire does not recommend it with their can if you are shooting suppressed regularly. All the other compatable mounts do pretty well.
    Last edited by JimmyB62; 06-15-21 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Sig 556 direct thread can that I would recommend if you can find them. I used to like mostly QD cans, but the direct thread offer a large initial chamber which helps with gas and noise. YMMV

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DT cans SUCK for fullauto. I have AAC M4-2k (51T), SF 762 SOCOM RC, SWR Specwar2 re-cored and with the mount upgraded to ASR by SiCo, Rex MG7 direct thread, and DeadAir Sandman K. The sandman is the best of the bunch for FA - best mount with a full circumferential gas seal, easy on/off, doesn’t bind, replaceable endcap with options for 7.62 or 5.56 exit bore diameter and the option for flash hider endcap, and durable. I’ve done lots of mag dumps on the DA.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Sandman S is a fantastic and durable can with it’s fully welded stellite baffles. It’s also a low blowback can with a good suppression rating from Pew science.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-23-21 at 22:44.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Sandman S is a fantastic and durable can with it’s fully welded stellite baffles. It’s also a low blowback can with a good suppression rating from Pew science.
    That would be my suggestion, I have one but don’t have a MG lower. Nice to know it can handle it without any problems though.

AR’s are a balancing act. Cans that are quietest on bolt guns will usually be much higher blowback, on an AR you just get increased noise through the gas port. Cans that lower port noise are lower blowback but will be louder at the muzzle. You’re looking for one that makes them similar.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Surprised to hear the negatives on the socom rc2, but I guess it is probably outdated at this point

I’ll echo what Gator just said. Quiet bolt cans have a lot of blowback. I have a thunderbeast ultra that is not much fun to shoot on a 308 gasser. Heavy blowback in FA would have me looking elsewhere for a better suppressor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My vote is for a Sandman-S or a Rugged Razor. I have both, and like them equally.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast