Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 MS

Feedback Score

CZ Bren 2 MS

anyone have any knowledge or experience with these? have looked everywhere,at every review and sales site. seems to be 1/7 barrel 8-16",5.56 chamber,short piston action. has been hard to get a firm take on twist rate and exactly which chamber it's cut for. however, they do seem to be 1/7 5.56. just wanting to know if anyone has hands on impressions or experience.have seen reports of probs with 7.62x39 guns. othr posts and reviews seem fine. thinking about getting one if i can confirm good news. tx for any input.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Sample size of One here. Mine has been good through roughly 1k round before I SBRed it. Most of that was suppressed.

Overall it has been a great fun and has quickly become one of my favorites. I have had no issues so far although I am not shooting near as much lately due to ammo cost.

F71F26D1-9914-4EC0-9848-65B70BE40F96.jpgF71F26D1-9914-4EC0-9848-65B70BE40F96.jpg
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mosin46 View Post
    anyone have any knowledge or experience with these? have looked everywhere,at every review and sales site. seems to be 1/7 barrel 8-16",5.56 chamber,short piston action. has been hard to get a firm take on twist rate and exactly which chamber it's cut for. however, they do seem to be 1/7 5.56. just wanting to know if anyone has hands on impressions or experience.have seen reports of probs with 7.62x39 guns. othr posts and reviews seem fine. thinking about getting one if i can confirm good news. tx for any input.
    I have a 14" in 5.56 and a 9" in 7.62x39. I think the pistols are the way to go, vs the 16" carbine because the pistols have the original lightweight barrels.

The 5.56 pistols use the same barrels as the Czech military guns, so I wouldn't worry too much about the chambers. They are 1/7 twist. My own experience and the other reports I've read seem to indicate accuracy around 2-3 MOA with ball ammo, so pretty typical.

The 7.62x39 guns have had cycling issues with military ball. They use proprietary mags, but can also use 7.62x39 AR15 mags with the 5.56 Bren 2 mag adapter. Many users have reported cycling issues that were either immediate or started after several hundred rounds fired. The symptoms seem to me to indicate excessive bolt velocity, but CZUSA hasn't released any official word, other than it is being looked at. Some users have had gunsmiths make a smaller gas port which has solved the issue for all reporting users except for one, who says it didn't solve his issue.

I haven't shot my 7.62x39 Bren 2 as much because I'm concerned that it's overgassed and don't want to damage it. Accuracy was around 3-4 MOA with copper jacket Vympel ball and Vympel's version of the hollowpoint 8M3.

The stock Bren 2 MS handguards are clunky and have only a single M-Lok slot on each side. I replaced mine with HBI handguards, which are much lighter, a little longer, and have a more useful M-Lok slot arrangement.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I picked up one (14 inch) and put a 922r conversion and pinned a surefire Warcomp pinned on. The rail was just too damn short so I swapped on a HB rail. I will be zeroing it this weekend. Trying to decide between a holosun and a x2 Primary arms.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have the 11" barrel 7.62x39 pistol. In order to avoid the proprietary magazines, I inserted the AR15 magazine adapter. Mine runs 100%. In fact, it's not overgassed at all. It puts all the spent cases in a nice pile about 6' away. I guess that I got lucky. I e-filed a Form 1 for it which was approved in short order at the end of last year. CZ recently got the 922(r) parts kits in, so I ordered one which I received this week. The 922(r) parts kit is listed as being for 5.56x45, but it works with 7.62x39 also. I think the reason that they list it as being 5.56x45 is that a rifle won't get down to the magical 10 foreign parts without a US magazine. Of course my US made 7.62x39 AR15 magazines take care of that. If you don't like the curved 7.62x39 AR15 magazines, the regular taper RZE Unimags work 100% as well.
    https://rossdefensesystems.com/products/unimag

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I wish someone would figure out how to use Ak-47 mags (obviously, deactivating the BHO). I would definitely be interested in a Bren4 7.62 if it took regular old AK mags. Then again, I will probably buy the next 762 I see anyway.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    thanks for replies

Feedback Score
    Greg Bell,

There was a video on youtube posted right after the Bren 2S hit the market a few years ago. A guy demonstrated a working modification of a Magpul AK mag where he removed the lugs and added a slot on the side for a mag catch. I've tried to find it and can't, I think it may have been taken down.

Also, Dan Haga's site is showing this, but it's currently out of stock.
    Last edited by Aries144; 06-11-21 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Greg Bell,

There was a video on youtube posted right after the Bren 2S hit the market a few years ago. A guy demonstrated a working modification of a Magpul AK mag where he removed the lugs and added a slot on the side for a mag catch. I've tried to find it and can't, I think it may have been taken down.

Also, Dan Haga's site is showing this, but it's currently out of stock.
    Oh man! That's awesome

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Oh man! That's awesome
    Just saw this.

Now, how to contact the guy without using BookFace?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast