Thread: VIR II Holster

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

VIR II Holster

Anybody have experience with duty holsters for the Streamlight TLR VIR II? G19 MOS RMR, threaded barrel. Hoping for Safariland ALS. G34 length is preferred because I’ve also got a Roland Special.

Edit: see below. It works with a TLR-1 Safariland holster.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-13-21 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I believe the size is identical to the TLR-1 line, with everything contained with the head. So any advice for that light should cross over.

My 6354DO’s (832?) were molded a bit to fit the PPQ with both TLR and X300, and I’ll be using one with the VIR II.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I checked that out last night. The TLR 1’s bezel is slightly further from the bore. The X300’s shoulder is a tiny bit further back. Either are close enough to work with slight modification, probably. But in the holsters (not Safariland) I’ve checked so far, its not quite right. I’m going to contact Safariland and Streamlight on monday, and also ask a local dude I know if I can try his.

I was just mildly surprised since they looked so similar, and the internet told me it would work.

Edit: see below. It works in a TLR-1 holster.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-13-21 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Well that is potentially disappointing. I still plan to pick one up, so will see if these modded holsters will work for my situation

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Well that is potentially disappointing. I still plan to pick one up, so will see if these modded holsters will work for my situation
    Works perfectly in two Safariland TLR 1 RDS Duty holsters, with two types of retention. I’m pretty stoked.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can only say I wished I knew about Safariland QLS fork system and one strap drop leg for the win. So many mfg make holsters for it other than safariland like Tier 1 etc. had I known what I know now, I could have saved serious cash building full belts for each gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I can only say I wished I knew about Safariland QLS fork system and one strap drop leg for the win. So many mfg make holsters for it other than safariland like Tier 1 etc. had I known what I know now, I could have saved serious cash building full belts for each gun.

PB
    Yeah, brother. I’ve been married to the G Code system for a long time, but I think Safariland has some things going for them that G Code isn’t matching, now that I’m shooting with dots more. Plus, pretty much everyone I train with on the LE side is wearing Safariland.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I also heard the TR1 will work. I plan to get an ALS soon for my P320 X5. I just moved the VIR II from my rifle and need a new holster now.