Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Mini 14 sling, QD, with Ruger folding stock

Feedback Score

Need Mini 14 sling, QD, with Ruger folding stock

I have the new Sampson folding with a sling swivel on it and on the gas block.

What I want is a strap with QD end to loop around each swivel and then a very simple sling to attach between them.

Seems simple to me but I've already spent enough time looking for this. I find choosing slings and dealing with webbing frustrating in general. Some guys find it more fun than shooting. 🤓

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Found I already had components that work squirreled away. Not QD, but has fastex buckle.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Blue Force Gear and OP Tactical have a lot of stuff that you could make work.

How do you like that stock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Blue Force Gear and OP Tactical have a lot of stuff that you could make work.

How do you like that stock?
    Love it.

Very high quality. Quick to deploy. Solid lock up, but I haven't used the rifle much yet so we'll see.

Feedback Score
    Do you have a pic?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRoscoe View Post
    Do you have a pic?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Nope.

But it looks exactly as seen here with the darker wood.

https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-tm-fold...r-mini-14.html

Feedback Score
    Well, I transferred the sling to another rifle.

It was okay, but I'd prefer a different swivel.

Now I've learned Samson makes a QD mount that attaches to their folding stock.

I would like to use the QD rear, put a sling stub with that attaches to the factory forward loop under the gas block, with a QD point to attach to the sling.

Unfortunately, I'm still completely retarded when it comes to slings. I've always found them a pain in the ass. There is some area of the brain reserved for things like sewing, weaving, tying knots, and slings that I was never born with.

Nobody sells what I'm looking for, so I have to piece if together. Which is tough when you don't know what works with what and what's junk and what isn't. Like I said, retarded.

SO:

I want a two-point sling that will sit across my chest and hang safely for my folding stock Mini 14.

I want QD at the front and rear, and a "thing" for the front that will go from the gas block loop to the QD end on the sling.

What the **** do I need to buy?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Well, I transferred the sling to another rifle.

It was okay, but I'd prefer a different swivel.

Now I've learned Samson makes a QD mount that attaches to their folding stock.

I would like to use the QD rear, put a sling stub with that attaches to the factory forward loop under the gas block, with a QD point to attach to the sling.

Unfortunately, I'm still completely retarded when it comes to slings. I've always found them a pain in the ass. There is some area of the brain reserved for things like sewing, weaving, tying knots, and slings that I was never born with.

Nobody sells what I'm looking for, so I have to piece if together. Which is tough when you don't know what works with what and what's junk and what isn't. Like I said, retarded.

SO:

I want a two-point sling that will sit across my chest and hang safely for my folding stock Mini 14.

I want QD at the front and rear, and a "thing" for the front that will go from the gas block loop to the QD end on the sling.

What the **** do I need to buy?
    Sounds like you need a simple sling setup, check out the Proctor Sling, girth hitch the front around the stock and thru the sling loop and QD the back on the stock socket, boom a thing of simplistic beauty.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the Proctor sling a lot.

Best I can recall the front loop is 1-1/4 so this

https://www.redi-mag.com/product/qc-...version-front/

Might give you a front attachment point. Some chance their BP42 sling would get you where you want to be too.

Feedback Score
    I ordered a pair of Proctor slings to try out, thanks!

I like the idea that I can quickly try it on different guns regardless of existing mounts.

I'm thinking it might work well on the AP-5, too.

I also like that only some cord, not bulky webbing, can get behind the butt or between my hand and handguard. I hate it when that happens.

I'm hoping the cord can be easily replaced should I prefer a different kind of cord or it starts to fray or I want to double-up the cord.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-10-22 at 08:13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast