Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Mini 14 sling, QD, with Ruger folding stock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I ordered a pair of Proctor slings to try out, thanks!

I like the idea that I can quickly try it on different guns regardless of existing mounts.

I'm thinking it might work well on the AP-5, too.

I also like that only some cord, not bulky webbing, can get behind the butt or between my hand and handguard. I hate it when that happens.

I'm hoping the cord can be easily replaced should I prefer a different kind of cord or it starts to fray or I want to double-up the cord.
    It is gutted paracord with what appears to be some sort of small engine fuel line on it as a snugger. Wears well, but not sure about doubling it unless you get a larger diameter fuel line.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I think you'll be pleased with, be sure to let us know.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I think you'll be pleased with, be sure to let us know.
    I shall.

Feedback Score
    Very happy with the Proctor slings!

Works great on the Mini and AP5!

On the AP5 I just ran the loop around the brace. On the front it goes through the factory sling loop.

With the Mini I have it looped around the shaft of the Sampson stock. When folded the loop will ride up to the hinge. When I open it the loop can get caught in the hinge.
    Not a big deal. I could attach the loop another way, put something around the loop and shaft to keep it towards the butt, or just be a little careful.

If the attached cord ever breaks or wears on the Proctor, I can run paracord through the metal loop thing it will do the same thing.

Light, unobtrusive, and just does what it should without getting in the way. (well, except for the minor, fixable issue with the Mini folder)

For guns on the lighter side, it's a winner.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Very happy with the Proctor slings!

Works great on the Mini and AP5!

On the AP5 I just ran the loop around the brace. On the front it goes through the factory sling loop.

With the Mini I have it looped around the shaft of the Sampson stock. When folded the loop will ride up to the hinge. When I open it the loop can get caught in the hinge.
    Not a big deal. I could attach the loop another way, put something around the loop and shaft to keep it towards the butt, or just be a little careful.

If the attached cord ever breaks or wears on the Proctor, I can run paracord through the metal loop thing it will do the same thing.

Light, unobtrusive, and just does what it should without getting in the way. (well, except for the minor, fixable issue with the Mini folder)

For guns on the lighter side, it's a winner.
    Most excellent.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12