Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aimpoint t1 dot flare

Feedback Score

aimpoint t1 dot flare

Ive had a aimpoint T1 sitting around for a while and i mounted it and noticed the dot wasnt crisp and thought maybe my eyes went to crap so picked up my holosun 508t and it looks perfect. could it be me or should i contact aimppoint?
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    Ive had a aimpoint T1 sitting around for a while and i mounted it and noticed the dot wasnt crisp and thought maybe my eyes went to crap so picked up my holosun 508t and it looks perfect. could it be me or should i contact aimppoint?
    take your camera phone and aim it at your dot as you look at it. If it looks normal then it's your eyes. each red dot is different - some might look better than others to you.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! it does look a little bit better through the camera. . . shiddy tiddy. I was about to grab a T2 good thing i didnt. what are my options now?

Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    take your camera phone and aim it at your dot as you look at it. If it looks normal then it's your eyes. each red dot is different - some might look better than others to you.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    hmmm i had my girl friend look through both as well and she said the same thing unless both of us have the same issue.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    Thanks! it does look a little bit better through the camera. . . shiddy tiddy. I was about to grab a T2 good thing i didnt. what are my options now?
    If you have BUIS flip up the rear and look at the dot through it. If clean through the sight it is you for sure.

Feedback Score
    thanks just tried that on peep sight it was a little better tried 0-2 and it was the same

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If you have BUIS flip up the rear and look at the dot through it. If clean through the sight it is you for sure.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dude I've had astigmatism since I was a kid, so I have no idea what those dots are even supposed to look like to a normal person. Glasses help a lot though. 100% not an issue, besides it triggers some people's OCD. In reality though you just end up using one of the little spiky parts to make precise shots.

Feedback Score
    Well it didnt look like this last time I used it so if its faulty id like to get it fixed. I dont have another aimpoint on hand to compare at the moement.

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Dude I've had astigmatism since I was a kid, so I have no idea what those dots are even supposed to look like to a normal person. Glasses help a lot though. 100% not an issue, besides it triggers some people's OCD. In reality though you just end up using one of the little spiky parts to make precise shots.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You have astigmatism. You and the dot will both be fine. Go shoot it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used a T1 with 3x mag in an urban rifle course and my astigmatism made it hard to take long range shots. I was trying to pick out parts of the blob to use.

I switched to a T2 and it is a much crisper dot both with and without a magnifier.

T1 rides on my shotgun now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast