Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: aimpoint t1 dot flare

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    Thanks! it does look a little bit better through the camera. . . shiddy tiddy. I was about to grab a T2 good thing i didnt. what are my options now?
    LPVOs 1-6, 1-8 do not have such issues. If you still want a red dot for up close work, then you can try LPVO and piggy back something like an RMR on top of it. Some people like it, some don't, some just use LPVO for everything. More of a personal preference for this setup.

I try to use LPVO only just because of a cost factor. Adding RMR and something like a Reptilia mount for LPVO adds ~$600 on top of LPVO+Scope mount.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ive had a aimpoint T1 sitting around for a while and i mounted it and noticed the dot wasnt crisp and thought maybe my eyes went to crap so picked up my holosun 508t and it looks perfect. could it be me or should i contact aimppoint?
    Fairly common with the T1’ and astigmatisms. The dot does not need to be crisp to be usable. The T2 series has supposedly corrected this for most users. I shoot either accurately though neither appears as a perfect dot as does what one might find in an illuminated LPVO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

aimpoint t1 dot flare

I have never been to an optometrist to see if I have an astigmatism, but RDS are always ragged starbursts to me. I chock it up to just scratched up abused eyes. I haven’t found it to be something that reduces my ability to do what I need to do with firearms. If I’m going for accuracy at distance, it’s a LPVO. I will say that it is much less of an issue with Eotechs. So if you find that it is something that is limiting your ability, take a look through one of those or a LPVO like stated earlier.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 06-13-21 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    You have astigmatism. You and the dot will both be fine. Go shoot it.
    For my money, this.

Get a new glasses prescription. It helps. 10 years since I got bifocals, and I'm in my mid-'50's now. Probably OUGHTA have mine checked again sooner than later!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well it didnt look like this last time I used it so if its faulty id like to get it fixed. I dont have another aimpoint on hand to compare at the moement.
    Absolutely, but it does sound like you got a touch of the ol' 'stigmatism. It comes on pretty fast.

You don't have to have another dot to compare it to though. Take a picture of it with your phone. If the photo of the dot looks like a dot, but you're seeing a ragged cluster with the naked eye, you gots the stigmatism my brother. If your phone is seeing the same thing you do then something is jacked up with the optic. Pretty straightforward.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    For my money, this.

Get a new glasses prescription. It helps. 10 years since I got bifocals, and I'm in my mid-'50's now. Probably OUGHTA have mine checked again sooner than later!
    This, 10k%. When I finally gave in and started wearing glasses I can now see red dots with close to zero starburst. Even if you don't want to wear glasses full time, having prescription shooting glasses is wonderful for making tight groups at the range. Because honestly seeing the starburst isn't even the half of it. It's just a symptom. Not being able to see the bullseye is the main issue.
    Last edited by okie; 06-14-21 at 20:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If you have BUIS flip up the rear and look at the dot through it. If clean through the sight it is you for sure.

Yup, this should be out standard answer anytime someone asks about the actual dot or any misconfigurations when viewed.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Fairly common with the T1’ and astigmatisms. The dot does not need to be crisp to be usable. The T2 series has supposedly corrected this for most users. I shoot either accurately though neither appears as a perfect dot as does what one might find in an illuminated LPVO
    Good points on all counts. The T2 is a cleaner version of the optic, as does the M5, though it doesn’t mean it will be perfect as it’s the eye that is the issue. For myself, there is most certainly a difference, but it’s not perfect. Raise the rear sight and it’s perfect with any of the Aimpoint series. Lower it and I am once again humbled…
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

aimpoint t1 dot flare

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If you have BUIS flip up the rear and look at the dot through it. If clean through the sight it is you for sure.
    Good trick and one way to confirm.

Feedback Score
    For a more precise shot use the small peep on the rear BUIS. For quicker, close-in shooting keep it folded down and go to town. Gotta figure for close-in work that dot birthing another won't matter. Further out it could be an issue as you try and decide which one to focus on!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast