Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: aimpoint t1 dot flare

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^This has been my SOP for several years.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    For a more precise shot use the small peep on the rear BUIS. For quicker, close-in shooting keep it folded down and go to town. Gotta figure for close-in work that dot birthing another won't matter. Further out it could be an issue as you try and decide which one to focus on!
    Like you're seeing two dots? That doesn't sound like astigmatism. At least not like I've ever experienced. Astigmatism you see one dot, but it has random little spiky looking protrusions around the edges. It's pretty much how street lights look through a wet windshield, or if your eyes are watery and you look at a bright light in the distance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Like you're seeing two dots? That doesn't sound like astigmatism. At least not like I've ever experienced. Astigmatism you see one dot, but it has random little spiky looking protrusions around the edges. It's pretty much how street lights look through a wet windshield, or if your eyes are watery and you look at a bright light in the distance.
    It's one bigger dot with a little dot at 5 o'clock (or 10 o'clock here recently for some reason). Yeah, it's astigmatism.....I can look through the sight and rotate the gun but the big/little dot configuration doesn't move.

Pisses me off because I used to have better than 20/20 vision. Oh well, I'm still above ground!

The little peep on the rear BUIS doesn't work as well if you're going for speed, i.e. close-in stuff. It's hard to throw the weapon up and acquire the dot(s) inside of it as quickly as without the peep up. However, if you are making a longer shot it certainly helps with the multi-dot issue. Another thing that helps for further shots is turning the intensity down a notch or two, until you can barely see it. The "burst" isn't nearly as pronounced then.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's one bigger dot with a little dot at 5 o'clock (or 10 o'clock here recently for some reason). Yeah, it's astigmatism.....I can look through the sight and rotate the gun but the big/little dot configuration doesn't move.

Pisses me off because I used to have better than 20/20 vision. Oh well, I'm still above ground!

The little peep on the rear BUIS doesn't work as well if you're going for speed, i.e. close-in stuff. It's hard to throw the weapon up and acquire the dot(s) inside of it as quickly as without the peep up. However, if you are making a longer shot it certainly helps with the multi-dot issue. Another thing that helps for further shots is turning the intensity down a notch or two, until you can barely see it. The "burst" isn't nearly as pronounced then.
    Yea when I was kid I had 20/15 or better. Boy that was nice!

Feedback Score
    Do you see 2 of anything else. That would concern me for diplopia and you should see someone. Otherwise astigmatism still.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Don’t focus on the dot, focus on the target.
    The dot will be blurry
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    The dot will be blurry
    That's a very good point.

Feedback Score

Take it outside and see, I've had several did be a complete mess because the inside lighting wasn't bright. I've got a pretty good (or bad if you want to look at it like that) and even with glasses some dots are a-ok outside and terrible inside. Not a big deal since if I'm inside the dot is plenty small enough no matter the shape, or a second dot, the glasses will usually fix the second dot though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    The dot will be blurry
    This^^. When I explain to someone how to use it, I tell them to focus on the target and then, leaving both eyes open, bring the sight up until the dot comes to the target, never losing focus on the target itself. Dot is almost an afterthought and appears smaller and uniform/round when I follow my own advice.
    Not saying you can't have an eye issue that is affecting it, but this technique fixes incorrect usage errors.
    Also, have dot brightness turned down to the lowest that you can and still be able to see it in the lighting condition you are shooting.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Astigmatism sucks.
    FWIW, something Eotech will be clearer to your eyes. However, I still run an Aimpoint at work. The peep trick works great, I sight in this way, but for anything man sized, inside of 100, it doesn’t really matter.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast