Thread: Denver aw ban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Denver aw ban

Might be taking a road trip which would take me through Denver, what's the scoop on their AW ban...14rd mag no AW, 15 and over banned AW? Any info on this would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    15 round mags and full AR ban I believe. Other parts of Colorado are more friendly if you can avoid Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks, I might to bypass it then.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Remember that the municipality of Denver is only part of the metro, with a number of surrounding communities. Easy to limit time within, or work around. Where their local awb is concerned, practical ramifications are generally non-existent. Some of our CO members can elaborate.

These can be interesting: https://www.denvergov.org/Maps
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I would if you can and want to be safe. CO Springs may not be the right junction but is far more gun friendly if it works. They’re pretty open about ignoring a bunch of the Denver imposed state wide laws, most or all of our LGS sell mags over 15 rounds in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure Denver has a 10rnd limit despite 15rds being the state law. They've also been known to harass/confiscate/jail people traveling through with stuff they think is scary despite peaceable journey laws.

You're better off just bypassing Denver and Boulder.

Feedback Score
    The law, the reality and the soon to be.

The Law: Denver has a 15 round limit, no grandfathering. The state has a 15rnd limit, with grandfathering. So a Denver AW is a gun with 15+ rounds. Passing through Denver, you should be fine. If you are from out of state, since you didn’t have the mags in CO before the ban, only 15 rounders for you.

The reality: It is said that if a Denver cop finds you with an AR, even with under 15 round mags, they are going to take it, charge you and they’ll drop the charges if you forfeit the guns. That is the ‘story’. Passing through, you should be OK, but the above could happen. On the other side, stores sell ‘repair kits’ of complete parts to make a mag. You put the parts together to suit your legal liability threshold.

The soon future: There is a pending law that will give every little legal entity the ability to pass their own guns laws, including banning CCWs. It isn’t law yet, and then municipalities will then have to pass their own laws. Who know what will come out of that, with in distinct borders- and Denver probably going full retard and having the major cross roads (I-70 and I25) and the regions largest airport.

NET: Don’t stop in Denver. Frankly, if you are travelling on I-70, Especially east of I25, I wouldn’t stop until you get past I225 and Aurora.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.