Thread: New pistol red dot reticle - Holosun 507 x2 Vulcan ACSS

Feedback Score

New pistol red dot reticle - Holosun 507 x2 Vulcan ACSS

Anyone have a chance to play with the new Vulcan ACSS reticle on a pistol? So far i'm loving it. I think it's a game changer for the pistol red dot world.

I've been carrying my Glock19 with the Trijicon RMR type 2 for a while now, and love having a red dot. The only downside with a pistol red dot, is the amount of practice it takes to quickly find the dot every time. With the new Holosun with Vulcan ACSS reticle, it solves that problem by giving you way to immediately find the dot, by using an outer circle that guides your eye to the dot. After running it for a few weeks, i'm really liking it a lot.

Good video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_dU7xqmBq0

Anyone else running one?

Feedback Score
    Indeed! I have one on my Beretta compact. I agree it gives you immediate feedback so you can find the dot (chevron) quickly.
    Like you, I've been using a Trijicon rmr on my M&P 2.0 compact. Finding the dot was gravy. It took all of about 10 minutes to get the technique down. ( I guess I was lucky) The harder part for me was finding the dot one handed. It was a longer learning curve & I still struggle with it once in a while but with the Vulcan, finding & centering the "dot" is quick in a one or two handed position.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How do you like the chevron over the typical dot?

I believe you turn the outer ring off if you wanted, although seems you would never really need to as it can't be seen during normal sight picture.

I'm looking to get a holosun as a first pistol rds, been trying to compare models.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’d like everyone to copy this outer circle thingy to help get dots more mainstream. Its a brilliant idea. Cowan also has a video.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    How do you like the chevron over the typical dot?

I believe you turn the outer ring off if you wanted, although seems you would never really need to as it can't be seen during normal sight picture.

I'm looking to get a holosun as a first pistol rds, been trying to compare models.
    Check the Sage Dynamics videos. Cowan has had success with the 507c, 508t, 509, 507k. The 507c is the only one with this reticle AFAIK. It has the rounded top. The 508t copies Trijicon’s window more closely. The 509 is a closed-emitter, meant to compete with the Acro. The 507k is for the G43 or similar.

I would beg you to consider an RMR or Acro, also, but if you want this reticle, China is the only game in town.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-14-21 at 05:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    The harder part for me was finding the dot one handed. It was a longer learning curve & I still struggle with it once in a while but with the Vulcan, finding & centering the "dot" is quick in a one or two handed position.
    Totally agree, i feel like unconventional positions made the normal red dot harder to find, but the circle makes it much faster. I hope Trijicon and others will all follow suit on this concept.

How do you like the chevron over the typical dot? ... I'm looking to get a holosun as a first pistol rds, been trying to compare models.
    Personally, i think i still prefer a dot to the chevron, but the chevron allows you to have bullet drop compensation, so i guess that may be useful. If you're going with a Holosun, especially for a first pistol red dot, this new 507c with Vulcan ACSS reticle is the one to get, IMO. The circle helps alleviate the "find the dot" issues that first time red dot users have with a normal red dot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks to all that replied to my questions. I think regardless of which I get it will come down to lots of dryfire practice till I develop the skills needed aquire the for every time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks to all that replied to my questions. I think regardless of which I get it will come down to lots of dryfire practice till I develop the skills needed aquire the for every time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Getting red dots on my pistols really helped my dry fire practice. They will really show you what you're doing wrong. Both my presentations and my release has really improved as a result.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I played with one at a pistol match a couple weeks ago, and I was very impressed with the idea. Didn't shoot it but really thought the outer circle is genius. I dont care about the chevron so much, but the circle is useful.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Getting red dots on my pistols really helped my dry fire practice. They will really show you what you're doing wrong. Both my presentations and my release has really improved as a result.
    This x1000. That's been one of the greatest benefits of the dot for me. It gives you incredible, instant feedback.

I haven't used the Vulcan reticle yet, but I can certainly see where it'd be helpful.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    When I tell people about dots, I always bring up the dry fire advantages. If they don’t understand the importance of dry fire, it’ll save them money and disappointment. If they do understand the importance of dry fire, they’ll latch onto that, and are more likely to have a pleasant transition.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.