Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please assess my Brn-180 and AR HDR

Feedback Score
    “Their other friend include”

Ha now youre just showing off!! Nice collection. Very nice.

You ought to edit that and under each pic put a description of parts and pieces on each one.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99cobra2881 View Post
    Ha now youre just showing off!!
    It looks like showing off toys was the goal all along.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Looks that way

Im getting too many myself, Ive broken from the one AR mentality that I started with. I regret it in some ways.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    in my mind, the BRN-180 just has to have a folding stock, otherwise, what's the point? just my opinion, nothing more.

I installed a KNS picatinny adapter on my regular AR-15 lower, it goes on the back where the receiver end plate goes. Got a Sig folding stock, reversed the hinge, and the stock folds just nicely under the charging crank handle. The cheekweld feels a little low, though. The Sig stock attaches to the picatinny end plate. admittedly, kinda ugly how the reversed hinge sticks up, but oh well.

ETA: i also bought one of those round straight charging handles from AR180.com, but it interferes with the right-side folding stock.
    I got a KNS Pic adapter and was able to mount the Zhukov stock and......it clears the charging handle nicely. I just cannot for the life of me, find my long hex set to change out the pistol grip.

These are just stop gap measured until next month when my FFL returns and I can transfer the Brownells, proper lower.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    I got a KNS Pic adapter and was able to mount the Zhukov stock and......it clears the charging handle nicely. I just cannot for the life of me, find my long hex set to change out the pistol grip.

These are just stop gap measured until next month when my FFL returns and I can transfer the Brownells, proper lower.

@Rrotz

is that the Haga hinge? that's the best solution I've seen sofar. Zhukov stock looks good, and it's adjustable. I like to have it folding under the charging handle.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 06-23-21 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    @Rrotz

is that the Haga hinge? that's the best solution I've seen sofar. Zhukov stock looks good, and it's adjustable. I like to have it folding under the charging handle.
    Yes, indeed it is the Haga hinge. It's definitely not fireable with the stock folded. I got the humpty SIG stock and wish I had gotten the straight line wire stock instead.

Feedback Score
    i had the straight SIG stock, set to fold on the right side. the lower cheek weld is unwieldy, for me. I did get the Haga hinge and a Zhukov stock. looking forward to the next range session.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 07-09-21 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    in my mind, the BRN-180 just has to have a folding stock, otherwise, what's the point? just my opinion, nothing more.

I installed a KNS picatinny adapter on my regular AR-15 lower, it goes on the back where the receiver end plate goes. Got a Sig folding stock, reversed the hinge, and the stock folds just nicely under the charging crank handle. The cheekweld feels a little low, though. The Sig stock attaches to the picatinny end plate. admittedly, kinda ugly how the reversed hinge sticks up, but oh well.

ETA: i also bought one of those round straight charging handles from AR180.com, but it interferes with the right-side folding stock.
    ETA2: the screw that attaches the Sig stock to the hinge is a Torx Plus IP27. not regular Torx.
    Is there a reason for having it folded to the right side and not the left? I much prefer having mine folded to the left so that stock does not interfere with the operation should I want to fire it with the stock folded.

I did the same thing with my BRN-180S pistol build.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Is there a reason for having it folded to the right side and not the left? I much prefer having mine folded to the left so that stock does not interfere with the operation should I want to fire it with the stock folded.
    @Renegade04
    I'm trying to minimize the width when it's stored. also, if folding to the left, the charging handle is trying to poke a hole through my padded soft-side gun case.

when folding to the left, you have the width of the stock, plus the width of the gun, plus the stick-out of the charging handle.
    when folding to the right, you have the width of the gun, plus the width of the stock on the right side which covers the CH. it's a narrower package when stored. and the folding stock makes it a shorter package, either way.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 07-09-21 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @Renegade04
    I'm trying to minimize the width when it's stored. also, if folding to the left, the charging handle is trying to poke a hole through my padded soft-side gun case.

when folding to the left, you have the width of the stock, plus the width of the gun, plus the stick-out of the charging handle.
    when folding to the right, you have the width of the gun, plus the width of the stock on the right side which covers the CH. it's a narrower package when stored. and the folding stock makes it a shorter package, either way.
    Understandable.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12