Thread: Quick Question on Colt Upper w/o Front Sight Assy

Feedback Score

Quick Question on Colt Upper w/o Front Sight Assy

Hello Guys, Approximately how much will it run me to install one of the detachable Front Sight units on an Colt Upper ? And also, are they relatively secure when affixed, non-permanently to the 'shaved' style piece, which is in place rather than the traditional Front Sight assembly ? I'm aware that if the Upper had a Railed Forend installed it wouldn't be a problem, but as it doesn't, I'm forced to to adapt via an 'added' Front, preferably Folding, until I'm able to purchase the Rail assembly I want ? Until then, I will probably just go with a Magpul Carbine length Hand guard, & the folding / detachable Front I mentioned ? Then, I'll pick up say an suitable 'extended' muzzle device, have it P/W'd, & I'll hopefully have what I've been looking for !! Any ideas ? THANK YOU

Best, dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-14-21 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    What is it that you have? Is it a Colt OEM-2 upper receiver?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are no front sights designed to mount to a shaved FSB.

It would be cheaper and easier to get a Sig Romeo 5 red dot sight.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I thought he was talking about this> http://armsmounts.com/shop/iron-sigh...-b-silhouette/ but maybe he is talking about a sight that attaches to a railed gas block.

Feedback Score
    That's the exact unit, the Colt 6921-CK, w/o Hand guard. IIRC, aren't they referred to as the OEM - 2, or some similar nomenclature ? That particular URG wouldn't be my 1st choice, if there were numerous available choices these days ? But, I have to admit, more assorted URG's appear to be coming on to the market now, as opposed to 2 weeks ago ? But then again, every time some damn moron goes & shoots up some party or gathering, WE have to suffer the consequences of their demonic act !! So, I guess we should definitely not expect availability to be steady. What drew me to this particular Upper was; w/ CH & BCG, along w/ being a Colt. But, to be honest, I guess I'm getting old, but I still prefer to have the iron sights option available, if needed. Buying an Upper is truly just like buying a pickup truck ! If you want a bumper, add $, you want 4 wheels, add $, etc. I guess when all the assorted options are factored in, they all pretty much run around the same, give or take a $50 or so, each way ? THANKS

dpast32

Feedback Score
    Can you post a photo of what you have?

You say that you need a front sight but also say that you have a 6921-CK. A 6921-CK is complete 14.5" barreled upper receiver with a fixed front sight post. You wouldn't need a front sight if you have a 6921-CK.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    Here it is, & yes, it's designated as a 'pistol' upper, although it may be used as any other 6921. The more I think about it, the less of a deal it becomes at $683.00, although it is an complete URG.

Colt AR-15 Pistol Upper Receiver Assembly 5.56x45mm 14.5" Barrel, No Handguard
    Manufacturer #: LE6921CK-NHG UPC #: 098289035400
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-14-21 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you have an OEM-2, you won't be able to simply install a Magpul drop-in handguard, since the front mounting plate doesn't exist. The proper solution for a front iron sight is to install a free-float handguard that utilizes the factory barrel nut, and add a picatinny front sight, like a fixed Daniel Defense or Scalarworks Peak/01.

Once it's installed (properly), it will be very secure.

Feedback Score
    THANKS grizz, I appreciate the heads up ! Like I said above, the more I think about it, the better off I am just getting a BCM set up exactly as I want it. No extra send offs, no added fees or purchases, all done from the get go !