Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaRue RAT compared with Magpul MOE SL-S?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

LaRue RAT compared with Magpul MOE SL-S?

Hoping someone has used both the LaRue RAT and Magpul SL-S stocks and can directly compare them, please.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a RAT but not the Magpul. I can try to help any info pertaining to the LaRue if needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How do you like it? How is the cheek weld? What else have you used? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    How do you like it? How is the cheek weld? What else have you used? Thanks.
    If you are looking for something wide like a sopmod I don't think you will be happy. Here it is with my other which is the STR.

For the 40 bucks they are selling them for now I think they are pretty good. That I believe is w/o the cleaning rod insert. I have .ot used mine yet but it does have it. I got mine as part of a UU Kit. I can go double check but think it has not non rotation limited QD on both sides. The adjustment activation is easy, you just pull on the tab inside the stock. There is a knob at the front that I believe is 1/4 twist should you want to completely remove the stock. Pretty much limits how far back you can pull that tab so the internal pin is not lowered too far.

No active locking to the tube to reduce wiggle but I dont find it excessively loose on the LaRue buffer tube that I have.

Let me know if you have more any more questions.

Last edited by vandal5; 06-25-21 at 14:59. Reason: Pic didn't attach.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just grabbed them for a few comparison pics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you. Here's the back end of the SL-S.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are you looking for it to do compared to what you are using now?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What are you looking for it to do compared to what you are using now?
    I have a "waffle" stock now. I want more weight to balance a quad rail, a better cheek weld, and a rubber pad as the plastic edge hurts in prone. I don't think I need something as wide as an LMT SOPMOD to achieve this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a "waffle" stock now. I want more weight to balance a quad rail, a better cheek weld, and a rubber pad as the plastic edge hurts in prone. I don't think I need something as wide as an LMT SOPMOD to achieve this.
    BCM may also be close to what you are looking for, either the first or second model. The B5 thinner model could also fill the bill.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BCM may also be close to what you are looking for, either the first or second model. The B5 thinner model could also fill the bill.
    Stick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast