Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M-LOK Handguard ideas for 14.5' midlength

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Edit: Cancelled LaRue LAT 13.2". Did not like the gap and 12-week wait time. Ordered sexy Centurion Arms CMR 13". Bit more than I wanted to spend, but looked right and wanted it.

Feedback Score
    G mk8 13.5” its a risII quad rail but its all mlok effing badassery in rail form.

Last edited by 99cobra2881; 06-17-21 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks amazing 99Cobra. Bit too pricey for me, but beautiful. Was going to only build out 3 right now, but a thread on BCGs here informed that PSA had BLEM Toolcraft for $99. Picked up the other three. Only short three Strike Industries Extended Charging Handles and six LaRue MBT-2S triggers. Have milspec for now. Charging handles no big deal to source.

Right now my builds are as follows: Barrel/Handguard/FH

Faxon 14.5" Gunner/Centurion CMR 5.56 13.5"/Strike Industries Venom
    Faxon 14.5 Gunner/ALG V3X 13/YH Phantom
    Faxon 14.5 Pencil/MI G4 Combat 13.4/YH Phantom
    Ballistics Advantage Hanson Performance 16/STNGR VYPR 15/A2
    Faxon 16 Gunner/Architect Foundation Series 15 (budget but very nice indeed)/A2

Last of six is up in the air as I might want to build an 18", but I prefer them light. Make up my mind a bit later as barrels become available in the market.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    By the way those budget Architect rails from Sportsman's Guide are poor quality. Finish was rough to the hand. Look was boxy as well. You get what you pay for. So far my favorite for feel in the hand are the ALG V3X. Looks wise the MI G4 Combat and Centurion CMR are sexy. STNGR 15" are superb.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would throw SLR in the mix also. Ive had BCM, Geissele and SLR. SLR is honestly one of my favorites. They also make one model in 7075 if memory serves. Not cheap but very niice machining and LW.

Feedback Score
    I love my SLR rail on one of my 16 inch builds but it is not a heavy use rail. If you are going to do things like shoot 3 gun and throw it into barrels I would look for something else. I have an MI Combat rail on a 7.62 build and have to say for the money it is very hard to beat. Great price, aesthetics and function. Plus I really like the mounting. I have a BAD rail on a Workhorse (my one and only off the shelf buy, ever.) and I like it as well. But it doesn't have alignment tabs so something to consider. I would put it one grade below the MI rail. Now I am in the process of building a 10.5 pistol and am going to use the Centurion 9.5 on this one. And oddly enough the rail that I have that has been on multiple builds, because I can beat on it with no remorse, is a YHM quad rail I have had for over 10 years now. Its big, fat and ugly but I can't kill it. There have been other rails over the years but these are the only ones worth mentioning.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I love my SLR rail on one of my 16 inch builds but it is not a heavy use rail. If you are going to do things like shoot 3 gun and throw it into barrels I would look for something else. I have an MI Combat rail on a 7.62 build and have to say for the money it is very hard to beat. Great price, aesthetics and function. Plus I really like the mounting. I have a BAD rail on a Workhorse (my one and only off the shelf buy, ever.) and I like it as well. But it doesn't have alignment tabs so something to consider. I would put it one grade below the MI rail. Now I am in the process of building a 10.5 pistol and am going to use the Centurion 9.5 on this one. And oddly enough the rail that I have that has been on multiple builds, because I can beat on it with no remorse, is a YHM quad rail I have had for over 10 years now. Its big, fat and ugly but I can't kill it. There have been other rails over the years but these are the only ones worth mentioning.
    The ION and HDX handguards are just as solid as the geissele i have. SLR even makes the HDX in 7075.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    The ION and HDX handguards are just as solid as the geissele i have. SLR even makes the HDX in 7075.

Meh. Not my opinion. An SLR rep told me that word for word on an industry forum awhile back. Like I said, I love mine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Meh. Not my opinion. An SLR rep told me that word for word on an industry forum awhile back. Like I said, I love mine.
    My son and I just played swords with both rails. Both handled it fine. And thats a highly scientific test that all rails should be tested by... but on a serious note I like all the rails mentioned and I think any would serve you well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    My son and I just played swords with both rails. Both handled it fine. And thats a highly scientific test that all rails should be tested by... but on a serious note I like all the rails mentioned and I think any would serve you well.

LOL I think that should be a new industry standard certification protocol. " This rail is Sword Fight Level 1Certified."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast