Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holosun 509T: something going on?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Hot tip. Nobody actually truly shoots with both eyes open. I took a pistol class with Kyle Defoor recently and this topic came up. The government spent money on it testing it and filming tier 1 guys as they clear rooms and stuff. They don’t shoot both eyes open like you are describing. You’re cool though.
    I have to slightly squint my less dominant eye, I have tried both eyes open but I always get the double vision and have to readjust

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    The government spent money on it testing it and filming tier 1 guys as they clear rooms and stuff. They don’t shoot both eyes open like you are describing.
    How do they do it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    How do they do it?
    Look at the post above yours. Everyone squints even just slightly. Or, shouldn’t say everyone but almost everyone. There’s a whole science behind it that I can’t remember but basically it’s easier to shoot with the non dominant eye squinted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another thing to keep in mind about a larger window on a pistol mounted red dot, is that it makes the dot easier to find.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I think the year plus back order has been filled up all at once and everyone is sitting on excess inventory.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I think the year plus back order has been filled up all at once and everyone is sitting on excess inventory.
    CHPWS over sold their inventory (I’m shocked) and are waiting on more to fulfill orders.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You mention Defoor talking up the Holosuns.

I’ve always followed and liked Kyle. He used to always push made in USA everything. Even boots, pants, everything. I had a ton of respect for his take on that. Always seemed to justify exponentially more expensive stuff because the quality of the American made goods was higher, and of course it’s the patriotic way to live. A true all American dude.

Then like a light switch he starts pushing Vortex and Holosun cheap optics like crazy.

I’d love to hear his reasoning for the flip flop.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    You mention Defoor talking up the Holosuns.

I’ve always followed and liked Kyle. He used to always push made in USA everything. Even boots, pants, everything. I had a ton of respect for his take on that. Always seemed to justify exponentially more expensive stuff because the quality of the American made goods was higher, and of course it’s the patriotic way to live. A true all American dude.

Then like a light switch he starts pushing Vortex and Holosun cheap optics like crazy.

I’d love to hear his reasoning for the flip flop.
    I would say it’s a “working relationship” with vortex. And a lot of guys are talking about how Jolson is getting the job done a lower price which is a hard argument to counter.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah but the “just as good” thing has never been Defoors approach.

I mean what’s next? Drop BCMs for PSAs because they get the job done for cheaper?

He’s a big Tenicor spokesman. His kydex holsters cost more than his red dots.

The whole Holosun on a Staccato thing looks to me like retread tires on a Ferrari. I couldn’t do it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Yeah but the “just as good” thing has never been Defoors approach.

I mean what’s next? Drop BCMs for PSAs because they get the job done for cheaper?

He’s a big Tenicor spokesman. His kydex holsters cost more than his red dots.

The whole Holosun on a Staccato thing looks to me like retread tires on a Ferrari. I couldn’t do it.
    Try a Holosun on a Chambers.

And as to “just as good”, it actually is performing just as well. So no it’s not a psa vs bcm argument.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12