So this started out as a "hey I have a lower and a few detents, what should I do with them" build. Then ammo prices got insane and 7.62 x 39 seemed like a good choice. So this one has been a slow burn over the last 8 months or so.

Lower

Spike's Tactical Crusader - I really like the closed trigger guard and something ironic about building an AR using this lower that shoots the caliber of choice of some of our friends around the globe
Ergo Grip
Radian 45 Degree Safety
Teflon coated milspec trigger (LaRue MBT 2S is on order.)
H2 Buffer
Magpul MOE SL stock
BAD Mag Release
Seekins Bolt Release
BCM QD End Plate

Upper

Aero Stripped Upper
RCA 7.62 BCG - Nitride
Radian Raptor Charging Handle
MI Combat 14" M-Lock Rail
DEZ Arms 16" HBAR Barrell - 1:10 Twist, CLGS, Straight Fluted, .750 Gas Block (Dimpled the barrel using a KAK dimple jig)
Spike's Gas Block
Bootleg Gas Tube - Nitride
KAK .30 Cal Muzzle Break

Optic - Vortex Spitfire HD Gen 2 - 3x

So far only taken to the indoor range last weekend for a function check and optic zero at 25 yards (target below) using Tula 124 gr steel case. Ejects at 3:00, bolt holds open on last round, and only had one failure to fire in 100 rounds. Primer looked to be recessed so I am chalking it up as an ammo issue. Initial impressions are this is a fun gun. Maybe not a tack driver but certainly better than most AKs chambered in the same caliber. Next weekend we go to the outdoor range and try and stretch its legs to see how it does

7.62 .jpg