Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you zero all your 5.56 weapons for one specific round?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I zero almost everything for M193. Sometimes with guns with magnified optics I will then establish a second zero for a different load (like IMI 77gr) note the adjustments required to get them hitting POA (usually a couple clicks of elevation/windage) write them on a tag taped on to the stock or something and click the optic back to my M193 zero.

The one current exception is my midlength with a 1-4x on it. It’s zeroed for IMI as the primary load and M193 as the secondary…..although with as low as my supply of IMI 77s have dwindled over the last year, there’s barely any point to have anything zeroed for it now.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 06-16-21 at 05:30.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I zero most rifles with 62 grain Gold Dot of which I have a large stash. Most of what I shoot are 62 gr HPBT and soft point handloads that match the POA/POI.

The only exceptions are my spr-ish and High Power rifles which are zeroed with 77 gr matchkings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My only different zero is my heavier stuff used with a 20" scoped govt model. And it's zeroed at 100m vs 50 for all others.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I will initially zero my rifles with M193, mark down zero, and then move to MK262 (which is what I use), adjust zero and mark it. If I run out of MK262 it’s a simple rotation of turrets and M193 gets run.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Guess it could be any 5.56 piece, not just AR's, but in my case it is AR's. I zero them all with Mk318 SOST. I'll use M855 to get it as close as I can then finish off the fine tuning with Mk318. That is not the only round I have in bulk but I figure that is the one I would load mags with first if it came to that. This is regardless of 14.5", 16", or 20" barrel lengths. I figure if I ran out of Mk318 I could re-zero what I was shooting with the next item in line.

How about you guys? Do you have "designated purpose" 5.56 weapons you zero and have a specific round allotted for, i.e. maybe a DMR piece that you use with 77gr (or similar) and something else for other guns? Do you choose the round by barrel length?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Dial in with mk 262 clone (IMI) for all 14.5"/16" guns, 75 gr. G>D> in 11.5" guns.
    As per others mark diff in m193. Use masking tape with info on lower receiver magwell of individual guns, prefer to have all pertinent info ON each firearm.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I zero my work rifle with our duty ammo and train with ball ammo; no adjustments in zero (negligible difference between the two, especially within 200y on steel or in a shoot house).

Apart from that, my personal ARs are zeroed with green tip. I'm not a precision shooter, so going between M855 and AE223/M193 isn't really a problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My HD AR's are zeroed with 75gr Gold Dots and I will shoot just to see where my training ammo will hit and note the difference.

My longer range AR's are sighted in with MK262 or a MK262 Clone like 77gr Razor Core ammo, then I will shoot whatever else I decide outta it and note how the number of clicks for the range and ammo down then when I am done I just return my scope to 0 and shoot a group with the MK262 just to double check that my junk is good to go.

I will write the info down and tape it to the stock or if I only fool around with shooting one extra load I will tape it on the inside of the scope cap cover.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You could always mark the turrets with different color paint pens if its a concern. Assuming it tracks.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You could always mark the turrets with different color paint pens if its a concern. Assuming it tracks.

I can zero my turrets on all but 1 of my scoped AR's so I just wright down the load and # of Elev. & the # Win.

I am however gonna use that idea about the paint pens for that particular AR tho, thank you.
    Last edited by Spooky1; 06-16-21 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    I can zero my turrets on all but 1 of my scoped AR's so I just wight down the load and # of Elev. & the # Win.

I am however gonna use that idea about the paint pens for that particular AR tho, thank you.
    You’re welcome. The zeroable turrets is a good idea, also. Makes it slightly harder to screw up.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast