Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dependable BCG. Which one?

Feedback Score
    While we had a real president in office I purchased a few spare parts, several BCM bolt carrier groups were among those items.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    What is the group’s take on Noveske?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one knows who makes what for who on any given day, but I think it was pretty reliable info that they were Continental Machine at one time. Decent bolt to be sure, but you definitely pay dearly for that rebranding. For my money, I'm not paying for a name unless there's something proprietary involved that you can't get elsewhere for less. So it just goes back to my original statement. Toolcraft, Colt, LMT/KAC, depending on what you want to spend. Everything else is pretty much smoke and mirrors far as I can tell.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have BCM, Colt, SIONICS and SOLGW, all have been 100%.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its been said many times here before, but Toolcraft makes bolt carriers, not bolts. Buying a Toolcraft BCG does not guarantee a high or low quality bolt, it comes down to the vendor.

PSA appears to have improved their quality and have a solid warranty return but for guaranteed quality I would stick to Colt, BCM, Sionics, etc.

Andy

P.S. I have Toolcraft and PSA BCGs in my household that are fine, but I accepted that I may have to do a warranty exchange when I bought them.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Is there a known source for the carrier assembly? Just the carrier and gas key assembly. Have a few spare bolts and wanted to pick up a carrier or two.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 06-18-21 at 08:34.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its been said many times here before, but Toolcraft makes bolt carriers, not bolts. Buying a Toolcraft BCG does not guarantee a high or low quality bolt, it comes down to the vendor.
    I just got off the phone with Toolcraft. It is true that they do not manufacture their bolts or cam pins. They would not tell me who they source them from, but said that they are milspec and top quality that have a lifetime warranty on them like the carrier.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    I just got off the phone with Toolcraft. It is true that they do not manufacture their bolts or cam pins. They would not tell me who they source them from, but said that they are milspec and top quality that have a lifetime warranty on them like the carrier.
    I am not questioning Toolcraft's quality.

Toolcraft sells carriers to vendors as well as complete BCGs. A vendor can sell a Toolcraft carrier with their own bolt - the way some descriptions are worded the customer would not know.

I have 2 "Toolcraft" BCGs - one is nitride and I am confident its a complete Toolcraft unit; one is phosphate and the vendor supplied a HPT/MPI C158 bolt in the Toolcraft carrier (clear in the description).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-18-21 at 09:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am not questioning Toolcraft's quality.

Toolcraft sells carriers to vendors as well as complete BCGs. A vendor can sell a Toolcraft carrier with their own bolt - the way some descriptions are worded the customer would not know.

I have 2 "Toolcraft" BCGs - one is nitride and I am confident its a complete Toolcraft unit; one is phosphate and the vendor supplied a HPT/MPI C158 bolt in the Toolcraft carrier (clear in the description).

Andy
    I get it. I have a couple Toolcraft BCG and like them. I also have a few BCM, PSA, JP and Aero Precision. I have had good luck with all so far.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'll just leave this here along with some very recent customer feedback on our M4A1 BCG.

THE most important aspect for proper function is dimensional accuracy.

Take a set of gauges to XYZ brand and you'll be shocked at how many examples are either out of spec or at the upper limit of tolerance in the critical areas of the gas key and bolt tail bore.

This is especially true with coatings/finishes/treatments other than mil-spec, where coating thickness (or lack thereof) is often not properly accounted for.

That's the biggest difference between all these vendors and why all BCGs are NOT created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by AOB My feedback on BRT M4A1 Bolt Carrier Group C158 HPT/MPI Auto View Post
    You guys did amazing.
    Very fast shipping for the current climate we're in and the BCG gauges out to be the most gas efficient bolt carrier group I have.
    Everything was to spec and the only gauge that didn't read perfect was one of the three bore values and it was 0.001 off of exactly what it should have been but still gets the SOTAR "green" rating for passing.
    The staking on the gas key was great and I cannot be happier with the quality for the price paid.
    I've recommended you guys to people before and this is my first product from you but won't be my last.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I think as long as you don't try to buy some unknown bargain basement BCG, I think most from reputable manufacturers will work for. I admit the sample size of my experience is limited, M16A2 and Colt M4 (Military), and three personal rifles Charles Daly M4 (AR-15 BCG), a build using a rainier arms M16 BCG, and a BCM.

All of my rifles run equally as well.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast