Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dependable BCG. Which one?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Marking the carriers is one thing.....I'd just like to see the bolt itself marked (which I consider the most crucial element of the BCG).
    Manufacturer, HPT/MPI, etc.
    DD for instance doesn't mark their bolts.
    Unless you have purchased it from DD itself, you cannot be sure some unscrupulous dealer hasn't swapped a piece of shit DPMS bolt for the better one since you cannot tell who made it without markings.

The mil print actually shows MP marking on the bolt.

All of our bolts are MP marked, just like the print.

It shows up nicely on the chrome version.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rubber City Armory?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    At least up until 2020, metallurgy or some other measure of quality seems to have improved since the early 2000s. There’s just not that many bolts breaking anymore, in my anecdotal experience. Most BCG failures I’ve seen lately are just garbage quality. Like loose screws, or bad dimensions. Like Clint said, bolt tails matter, and in more than one way. I’ve had to shuffle FPs in a couple to find one that would pass protrusion. Some also seem to have more blowby than others, but work fine. Bad screws keep being a thing for some reason.
    Has there been metallurgy problems with BCGs starting in 2020? Are people suspecting that QC has slipped because of demand and COVID, or is there actual cases?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post
    Has there been metallurgy problems with BCGs starting in 2020? Are people suspecting that QC has slipped because of demand and COVID, or is there actual cases?
    I put that qualifier in there because I just don’t know, but there seems to be an air of mild suspicion for recent stuff. I have no evidence or solid reason to believe that a new bolt will last a shorter time than a 2019 bolt. Time will tell.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMED CITIZEN View Post
    Not one mention of the Sharps Rifle Company NP3 Reliabolt! I have one in each of my AR-15's. The guns run great with them in combo with the toolcraft BC, the Sprinco "Hot White" springs. and the Hydraulic buffers. All I can say is "get some"!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure if......serious.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Trivia Questions:

1) How many gauges are required to measure all the critical dimensions of an AR/M16 bolt?

2) How many gauges are required to measure all the critical dimensions of an AR/M16 bolt carrier?

Answers: 17 & 38
    Just for inspection purposes;

Bolt-
    Extractor go & no go
    Bolt Tail go & no go
    Bolt Support Shoulder
    Firing pin hole
    Firing pin protrusion

Carrier-
    Multiple 3 bore gauges
    Gas key go & no go
    Carrier length

For manufacturing QC there are like many more...
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    When it comes to safety and precision shooting I am always serious. I will be firing my Colt Sporter HBAR in a military match at 200 yards on July 10th. Stock trigger (yikes)! This is my first military match with the Palmetto BC, NP3 Reliabolt, Sprinco White Hot spring, and Kynshot hydraulic buffer. So I will give a report on how this set-up does in competition.
    Having a Colt Comp HBAR myself for a long time now and having sent many rounds downrange with zero issues ever - I just can't understand having a need for any of the things you listed. Those rifles were done right and flat out work...

No freaking way I would contaminate a perfectly good Colt with anything Palmetto.

Wish you luck at the competition. Those barrels are very nice. No doubt you will be happy with that.

Feedback Score
    My Colt Sporter HBAR has the stupid "sear block"and half moon bcg!

Your most humble fellow precision shooting enthusiast!
    Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Same sear block in mine along with the large pin trigger shit Colt decided to do. But it works and works reliably...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My Colt Sporter HBAR has the stupid "sear block"and half moon bcg! I had to file it down so I could use a full auto bcg. I don't know why you hate Palmetto so much? I also have an PSA 18" SS barrel+ a PSA 20" SS barrel uppers mated to the PSA lowers with the 2 stage NiB triggers. They are both accurate and reliable. The 20" has a Primary Arms scope 4-14x44 ACSS with the HUD reticle and the 18" has a Bresser Condor 4x24 scope. I only shoot Ammotech 77 grain DMR military match ammo or Norma 77 grain match in these rifles. I have had zero issues with them! I am going to shoot Frontier 55 grain match ammo in the Colt on match day. I do not reload, but use factory match ammo only. MOST issues that AR owners have come from sub standard cleaning and maintenance or magazine issues! I have nothing negative to say about Palmetto State Armory or Sharps Rifle Company NP3 Reliabolt's! I will say that I fired my stock Colt Sporter HBAR in many rifle matches stock with the sear block and NEVER HAD ANY FTF OR FTE! I would not hesistate to enhance the performance of my Colt Sporter HBAR. Who the hell would put a "sear block" in such a great rifle? COLT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your most humble fellow precision shooting enthusiast!
    I dislike the sear block/weird bcg/large pin Colt guns, but I wouldn't modify one. I would either run it as is or sell it unmolested and buy a different rifle.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast