Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dependable BCG. Which one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Need BCG for my 11.5 SBR. Considering BCM, Spikes, DD and Colt. I know those are quality BCG's. I dont want any fancy coating. Just want phosphate and reliability. I just saw a BCM go on gunbroker for $325. Thats ridiculous. I guess someone had to have the BCM logo pretty badly. Can anyone give me reason why one of these is better than another?
    Gunbroker is where you sell, not buy.

BCM BCG in stock right now at Rainier (they are good to go) for $189

https://www.rainierarms.com/bcm-bolt-carrier-group/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Toolcraft.
    I like my Toolcraft carriers just as much as I do my Colts and if money was a concern I would go Toolcraft all day long and not be upset about it.

Have seen WAY too many guys online (+ a single personal experience with their crap BCG's) share pictures of turds that came from PSA to ever suggest them to anyone.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Gunbroker is where you sell, not buy.

https://www.rainierarms.com/bcm-bolt-carrier-group/
    OOS now, that didn't last long.

I'm just glad I picked up a handful of SOLGW BCGs back when they were on sale at PA for $110.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    OOS now, that didn't last long.

I'm just glad I picked up a handful of SOLGW BCGs back when they were on sale at PA for $110.
    Yep. They gone...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's nothing special about any of the name brand BCGs, with the exception of Colt. If it's a Colt factory BCG and it has the C on the carrier, C on the underside of the extractor, and the HPT mark on the bolt, that's a pretty airtight case that it's made to the full TDP. I think it's also supposed to have a goldish color extractor spring, but I don't know if the absence of one necessarily negates the possibility of full TDP entirely. Someone might know for sure, but I don't know when they introduced those.

If Colt is unavailable, I think I would honestly just get a Toolcraft. There's enough high round count reports on them that they must be doing something right, especially for that price. I honestly don't know if you can do better in a non full milspec, full TDP bolt for any price. Like I wouldn't necessarily go thinking a BCM or DD is any better.

One way to just completely remove all doubt is to go with either LMT enhanced or KAC E3 (latter is non interchangeable, FYI). That just stops any and all debate before it even starts. The price is way up there though, but honestly in this market, buying a new AR or new AR parts from the current stock, that's the direction I would go. Too many games right now, too many questions left unanswered, and far too many WTF moments in QC lately.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    This is the way.

Sad, because the last one I bought was 60!

But the blem at 100 is still worthwhile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I like my Toolcraft carriers just as much as I do my Colts and if money was a concern I would go Toolcraft all day long and not be upset about it.

Have seen WAY too many guys online (+ a single personal experience with their crap BCG's) share pictures of turds that came from PSA to ever suggest them to anyone.
    Some of the BCG that PSA offers are made by Toolcraft. Those are generally what I recommend.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I see you already snagged a BCM, but for other readers info: I typically stick with SOLGW, Sionics, BCM, Centurion Arms, or MA Defense. Can't go wrong with either of those. Colt is of course a good option as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    See posts #5 and #6

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dependable BCG. Which one?

What is the group’s take on Noveske?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast