Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I Finally Broke Down & 'Hit The Purchase Button' !!

Feedback Score

Well, I Finally Broke Down & 'Hit The Purchase Button' !!

Well, I am truly pleased to report that after much going back & forth as to whether I really needed another Upper, I finally broke down & did it !! Honestly, I really didn't want to spend that much money for a URG but I simply will not buy one of other 'after market' models, as if I buy it, I fully expect it to work, as it should. I whittled down the options as much as possible, even to deleting the C/H as I already have a brand new BCM # 4 in my spare parts box, so that dropped it another $40. All totaled, it ran me $813.00, shipped, including the bullshit 7% state sales tax. However, I feel I ended up with a very nice 'complete BCM Upper,, w/ 14.5" SOCOM Bbl, P/W'd A2X Hider, along with a BCM BCG. Now, my 6520 & 6920 can get packaged up, while I use the Lower off of my Stag M-5. The only issue, if it is an issue to begin with is my Stag's Lower is marked '6.8 SPC', but I can live with that. Hey, if it really does bother me down the road, I'll look around for a used, 'Redi Mag', which will fully cover the 'problem' area.
    So now, after all these years I finally will have an 14.5" unit to play with. I was honestly becoming concerned that if I held off too long, who knows if our 'protectors' in D.C. will see fit to introduce their already planned action to prevent / discontinue all online sales of firearm components ? These days, I don't put anything past these idiots !! And also, THANKS to everyone for putting up with all my queries concerning a new Upper, I appreciate all the replies & advice !!

Best, dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-16-21 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    Nice. Better to bite the bullet and buy if you feel that you may not be able to do so in the future.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Great choice. You won't regret it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
    Now, my 6520 & 6920 can get packaged up, while I use the Lower off of my Stag M-5. The only issue,
    Why not shooting the 6920?

Feedback Score
    Well, that's always an option, if & when I ever really needed to. [ Both my Colt's are in absolutely perfect shape, as are my Stag M-5 & LMT 308-MWSE. ] In fact, making certain that I would have one, properly functioning 5.56 weapon always available, was the primary reason I wouldn't purchase any other Upper Group except Colt or BCM. [ That's not to say that their the only quality examples out there, as in LMT, LaRue, KAC, & so on, & on ! But, at the moment, any of those particular manufacturers are simply out of my price range. ] And as we're all aware, going BCM 'should' provide the overall level of quality I insist on. And, as I can't believe no-one has asked yet, why I went Carbine length, as opposed to Mid Length ? Well, I did seriously consider it, but due to my already possing a couple of Carbine length Rail units, along with assorted accessories geared towards Carbine length weapons. And lastly, I honestly haven't had any reliability issues / concerns related to that length Gas System. Just keep it relatively clean & especially properly lubricated, & it should do pretty much everything I expect of it. I keep in mind that I will not have any need, nor obligation to engage in extended fire-fights, where extensive testing has proven that yes, the Mid Length systems do appear more efficient. However, for my particular purposes & requirements, my Carbine should do just fine. THANKS Guys,

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    POST DELETED, due to 'duplicate posting'
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-17-21 at 08:59. Reason: POST DELETED, due to 'duplicate posting'

Feedback Score
    WOW, & Maybe add another WOW !! I just received an E-Mail from BCM advising me that my ordered yesterday at around 13:00 has just been SHIPPED !! I've heard in the past that Bravo Company tended to ship their products out pretty quickly, but WOW !! Well, I guess that actually all they really had to do was P & W the Flash Hider on, but still, I remain amazed. Hopefully, it's been properly assembled, although from what I've heard I guess I shouldn't be concerned, I hope ?

Best, Dom P. / dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-17-21 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Always nice to see additional weapons up and running. Just curious, but as you seem to be attentive to small details, what made you buy a lower that was labeled in a caliber like that?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Hey Stick, How are you ? Well, as you must recall, back about 2009 or thereabouts, the new, possible contender for the M4's caliber replacement was, at that particular time, the 6.8 SPC, 6.8 x 43. Personally, I felt that it truly did offer something over & above the 5.56, which IIRC, we were still issuing the M855 round. Soooo, 2 factors actually influenced me. Initially, I ordered just the complete Upper off of GBC, & planned on quitting there, after grabbing some ammo. Then, the seller offered me a pretty good deal if I took the Lower too. So that's how I ended up with a complete Stag Arms Model 5. I picked up 500+ rounds of then available Hornandy 110 'TAP' loads, half standard, half TAP Urban variety. Well, I don't have to tell you what became of the the 6.8 SPC, except for some limited hunting use ? ( It remains a quite viable 600 or so meter anti personnel & hunting round though, IMHO. ) Also, at that time, my Department was seeking to dump their old Colt SP1's, & I definitely consider 6.8 in an M4 configuration an excellent replacement due to numerous reasons. But, sadly, 'politics' won out, & we ended up with SIG 551 / 552's, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, except I pet prefer the 6.8 for LE use, although we could argue one versus the other all day long, right ? Remember, 'live & learn'. I should have waited to see where the cartridge was going to go, but I got excited & jumped on the bandwagon so to speak. Soooo, at least now that Lower will indeed serve a purpose, rather than just sitting in my safe.Now, if I lived in a free State, I'd have that Stag cut back to say 8", add an efficient muzzle device, & have an awesome little SBR, as I'm sure you're aware, the 6.8 remains efficient even with an 8" bbl. But, that's not happening, at least in my lifetime anyway. For now, I'm happy with my new BCM Upper, just don't tell anyone it says 6.8 on it !!! Take care,

Best, Dom / dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-18-21 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cant wait to see some pictures, hope she gives you plenty of years of enjoyment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast