Thread: Help identifying what my upper consists of.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Help identifying what my upper consists of.

Howdy! Recently I purchased a used upper to complete a budget build (ended up at a couple dollars north of $400), and the seller didn't have any info on it. I'm curious if based on some of the markings, you guys might recognize who may have produced the barrel and bolt (I know the reciever is an Anchor Harvey forge). It's not a huge deal to me, as like I said it's a budget build, but now curiosity has the best of me. I was happy that the bolt is marked "MPI C158", and the barrel ended up being 1/7. Just curious if you guys recognize the etching/engravings themselves as being specific to certain manufacturers. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and I noticed that no one commented yet on your post. I can't tell you who the maker is, but I can tell you that you have solid materials that seem to be pretty new manufacturing. The bolt is "MPI" Magnetic Particle Inspected and Carpenter 158 steel. This is the norm for high quality bolts. The barrel is 5.56mm Nato chamber so you should be able to fire most any AR ammo. it is 1 in 7 right hand (RH) twist rate; fast to stabilize heavier bullets (75-80 grain bullets) but will be fine with 55 grain as well. Looks like a winner who ever made it!!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azpaleo View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and I noticed that no one commented yet on your post. I can't tell you who the maker is, but I can tell you that you have solid materials that seem to be pretty new manufacturing. The bolt is "MPI" Magnetic Particle Inspected and Carpenter 158 steel. This is the norm for high quality bolts. The barrel is 5.56mm Nato chamber so you should be able to fire most any AR ammo. it is 1 in 7 right hand (RH) twist rate; fast to stabilize heavier bullets (75-80 grain bullets) but will be fine with 55 grain as well. Looks like a winner who ever made it!!!
    OP from 2019, last activity from thread starter 2021...

What are you planning to sell in the Equipment Exchange?

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-17-22 at 07:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    OP from 2019, last activity from thread starter 2021...

What are you planning to sell in the Equipment Exchange?

Andy
    Sorry. I just joined M$CARBINE yesterday and didn't realize how old the post was. I thought they were all in chronological order from newest first. Please disregard my comment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-17-22 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Welcome to the board, as you can tell, necro revival posting is kinda frowned on. I hope you stick around and are a productive member here.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    We can be grumpy and rude. Welcome to the board.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    We can be grumpy and rude. Welcome to the board.
    That hat fits for me most of the time!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB