Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best MLOK Rail Covers

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I like the BCM ones. I have used both the Mlok and Keymod versions, the texture is the same on both.
    Same here, I like the grip and love the price.

would add that they do not provide a great deal of heat protection on my ALG V2 or V3 rails (I have Mlok and Keymod ALG rails).

Andy

P.S. I have not had a problem with loose BCM Mlok covers. The Keymod covers are really secure, though.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-17-21 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice gents. Likely go with BCM for price. Like that they do not add much bulk to the rail.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have read repeatedly that the BCM M-LOK covers come loose. Not personal experience.

I like the appearance of Slate Black covers, but are those metal screws?

I like my Centurion covers, but as I recall, they were not particularly cheap. The screws do not impact the handguard itself, so less heat transfer. I haven’t run the 6960 hot, though.

I really like the Magpul Type 2. They are secure and have plenty of grip. They do get warm, but I can’t imagine worse than most other options.

Ergo isn’t too pricy and really seems like the East default option besides the Magpul Type 2. A different approach to the problem. They’ve been around forever.

Manta would be my next choice, if I wanted to try something different. Their 1913 covers are great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspasser View Post
    Griffin Armament has nice rail covers, black currently OOS, No wobble with great heat protection
    This is what I use on one gun, which can get very hot at times...work great, are rock solid.

No, you dont get burned by the screws.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 04-03-23 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    I like Magpul Type 2 covers. They are easy to install or remove, add minimal bulk to the rail and have a fairly aggressive texture. The price is pretty reasonable too...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as screws getting hot, I’ve never noticed. I have a SBR with an old Samson EVO handguard with nothing covering it, and I’ve never had a problem with things getting too hot. I do usually have gloves on, so without maybe…

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not OP, but thanks for those commenting on the screws not being an issue for heat transfer. Good to know.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Do you not get burned by the screws?
    I also have no problem with heat from screws. I use the hand stop rail on my AR pistols. It comes with either the handstop or a plain panel for the six o'clock position.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Neceothread here, but it’s not that old.

I picked up a Lunar Concepts Hot Pocket and just installed on my suppressed 11.5 (after removing Magpul Type 2 covers).
    I like the idea and coverage, but…dang, this thing is slippery. Unless for a specific purpose, I have eschewed foregrips; not sure that I want to change that just because of the rail cover. We’ll see…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12