Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR25 PC Trigger Recommendations

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

SR25 PC Trigger Recommendations

Recently picked up a SR25 PC. The KAC Trigger is nice but would like to lighten it up a bit. Anyone have any good recommendations? I was thinking about a Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced but I'm open.

Feedback Score
    FYI, the TriggerTech AR-10 triggers do not work in the newer SR-25s, due to the hammer channel in the BCG being too narrow.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    DO NOT GO BELOW 4.5 POUNDS ON THE TRIGGER!!!
    If you ignore my advice, you greatly increase your probability of inadvertently bump firing the gun, which can result in a lot of bad things.
    After a few hundred rounds, this risk increases.
    There is a reason that KAC put in a trigger at that weight.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you ignore my advice, you greatly increase your probability of inadvertently bump firing the gun, which can result in a lot of bad things.
    Thank you very much for the heads up!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Super light triggers and Uber magnified optics are the substitute for meaningful training or the solution for irrelevant shooting scenarios.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Since the OP mentioned Geissele SD-E trigger, may I ask if this is recent information/recommendation? Geissele advertises their SSA-E for the M110 and the SD-E is essentially the same trigger. I’ve been contemplating installing an SSA-E in my LMT MWS and would like to learn more. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    FYI for anyone in the same boat. Geissele is recommending the Super Dynamic Combat (SD-C), the Super Semi-Automatic (SSA), and the Hi-Speed National Match. SD-C and the SSA with have more of a carrot break whereas the HSNM will be more of a candy cane break.

I went with a Nation Match with service rifle springs and dialed it to 4.5lb. The break is incredible with zero creep.

Feedback Score
    I have an SD-C in my LMT MARS-H lower with an SR-25 CC upper. The standard springs do not reliably ignite harder primers found in European M80 clones or the S&B primers that my friend was using in his reloads; the use of a Wolff extra power hammer spring appears to alleviate those issues without too much change in the trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I have an SD-C in my LMT MARS-H lower with an SR-25 CC upper. The standard springs do not reliably ignite harder primers found in European M80 clones or the S&B primers that my friend was using in his reloads; the use of a Wolff extra power hammer spring appears to alleviate those issues without too much change in the trigger.
    Except for the time I installed the hammer spring backwards, I haven't had any ignition problems in several thousand rounds, including a pile of milsurp stuff, in my 308 AR build. Guess what I'm trying to say is to make sure the hammer spring is correctly installed.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Except for the time I installed the hammer spring backwards, I haven't had any ignition problems in several thousand rounds, including a pile of milsurp stuff, in my 308 AR build. Guess what I'm trying to say is to make sure the hammer spring is correctly installed.
    I had reinstalled it multiple times, including while being watched by friends, using the OEM springs. The light strikes also did not appear to be noticeably less in depth than the ignitions, and I never had any issues with any of the Federal ammo (Terminal Ascent, GMM, Fusion) or Magtech (Sniper Defense) if it wasn't M80 clone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast