Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of undependable people out there...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I can relate... my girlfriend just had an old classmate for some reason, completely unbeknownst to her after years out-of-touch, list her as a contact on a loan which he's now defaulted on and the collections vermin are harassing her.

Don't banks VERIFY that kinda crap before approving, like that the co-signer is WILLING and ABLE to guarantee the loan? (Which she is neither.) If the border were open and my folks here were squared away I'd be tempted to go there and do some P.I. crap to track the SOB down and tell the collections guys "THIS is where your scumbag is right now, go get him and leave us the hell alone."
    If your girlfriend did not sign anything (in addition to not being aware of anything) then the the bank has diddly-poo grounds to try to hold her accountable for crappolie.

Feedback Score
    Expecting a neighbor to take care of your pets for an extended period is big ask. And you can bet the moment someone else has your pet that they'll have an unexpected emergency of their own. I think you're on the right track considering a boarding facility.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    If your girlfriend did not sign anything (in addition to not being aware of anything) then the the bank has diddly-poo grounds to try to hold her accountable for crappolie.
    At this point it seems to be the collection agency/ies that are trying to collect and not the bank itself. These agencies can be big PITA. Which is why you should always tell them to bugger off or you'll complain and you require all correspondence in writing. And if you didn't sign anything or don't owe, tell them that.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    At this point it seems to be the collection agency/ies that are trying to collect and not the bank itself. These agencies can be big PITA. Which is why you should always tell them to bugger off or you'll complain and you require all correspondence in writing. And if you didn't sign anything or don't owe, tell them that.
    Ok and true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12