Thread: DD Lite Rail 12.0 FSPM, 12 o'clock light mount

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

DD Lite Rail 12.0 FSPM, 12 o'clock light mount

I would like to find a way to mount a light at 12 o'clock, forward of the FSB on a Daniel Defense Lite Rail 12.0 FSPM. This rail is cut away in that location so some kind of offset mount will be needed, but more heavily offset than any I have seen to get it near 12 o'clock, and a tighter corner to keep to close to the barrel. Does that exist?

Pardon me, I forgot to include that I am looking for a mount that does not clamp to the FSB or barrel unless no other solution can be found.

Last edited by Disciple; 06-17-21 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Would a Mossie Midnight mount clear the rail?

https://arisakadefense.com/mossie-mi...913-fsb-mount/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Would a Mossie Midnight mount clear the rail?

https://arisakadefense.com/mossie-mi...913-fsb-mount/

Exactly what I was going to say. I have one of original pre-Arisaka versions and they are GTG.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I do not want to use a mount that attaches to the FSB or barrel out of concern for degrading accuracy. I meant to include this but I forgot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like you are looking for an “L” bracket, and I’m not aware of any ever having been made. If you go with an offset mount, you can get it near 11 o’clock, but I’m not sure how you are going to get a true 12 mount.

Regarding the Mossie mount, they are very functional, and I don’t see a realistic degradation in accuracy based on mounting it to the FSB. If there were to be an accuracy shift from the mount, you would notice it when you verified zero, but again, I don’t think you will find it to be an issue.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It’s an AR15. It really isn’t that accurate to begin with. You won’t notice a difference. If you weren’t married to the 12 position your world would open up. The TREX light bar is an excellent option.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    If you weren’t married to the 12 position your world would open up. The TREX light bar is an excellent option.
    I am not. I am exploring my options. I will probably go with a Scout or ring mount at 10:30. Leaning toward Arisaka for Scout or Arson for ring.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    A pivoting Scout mount might work, but not quite get you to 12 o'clock:

https://www.bobroengineering.com/PIV...RAIL_p_64.html