Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McCloskeys plead guilty to harassment and 4th degree assault

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony617 View Post
    He plead guilty to a misdemeanor so unless he or his wife committed a felony he could buy guns again.
    No he pleased guilty to "misdemeanor fourth-degree assault".

It's not always about felonies. By federal law if you have a pending DUI you can't buy a firearm. 3 DUI under federal law makes you a prohibited person.

In Pa a person who is prohibited by federal law from possessing or acquiring a firearm because of a conviction for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. It's not a felony! You'd have to know what 4th degree assault is in Missouri

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 06-18-21 at 01:11.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Am I the only one that thinks felones should have their gun ownership “rights” restored?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks felones should have their gun ownership “rights” restored?
    I agree on a case-by-case basis. I don't think some white collar felony should bar a person for life from owning a firearm. I also don't think some dumb decision made when a person was young should either, if they actually turn their life around.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I’ve said that for years. Criminals are going to arm themselves regardless of what the law says. When I walk out my door in the morning, I just assume everyone is carrying a gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/m...17/id/1025516/
    Avoiding felony gun charges, Mark and Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges Thursday, settling a legal battle over whether the gun-toting couple broke laws in holding guns as protesters broke the gate and walked through their neighborhood last year.

"He dropped all the felony charges, all the gun charges, and charged me with a crime that said I purposely placed other people in apprehension of imminent fear of physical injury — and, by God, I did it," McCloskey told Newsmax's "Greg Kelly Reports."

"That's what the guns were for. The guns were there to scare people off and make sure they didn't approach us. And that's what the guns did.

"That's what the Second Amendment was there for, and I couldn't say no to that one," he added.

McCloskey, a staunch conservative and supporter of former President Donald Trump, is running for Senate in Missouri and avoided jail time on "two felonies each that could land us four years in the slammer," he told host Greg Kelly

Feedback Score
    In my opinion that is still BS. So the people that broke down a gate and barged in got nothing?!?!?!? No wonder our country is going to hell in a hand basket...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still want to know what happened to the governor's promise

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They are saving their money for the civil lawsuit about to come down. You know a bunch of those nonworking sobs just came down with a case of ptsd and can't get a job because someone pointed a gun at them. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Feedback Score
    "He dropped all the felony charges, all the gun charges, and charged me with a crime that said I purposely placed other people in apprehension of imminent fear of physical injury — and, by God, I did it," McCloskey told Newsmax's "Greg Kelly Reports."

"That's what the guns were for. The guns were there to scare people off and make sure they didn't approach us. And that's what the guns did.

-----

Mission accomplished.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am sure the argument that left them without a defense was they left the safety of their home to stand in the yard brandishing weapons. If they had stayed inside and watched from the windows then they would have been fine. If the crowd or people from the crowd started hitting your doors and windowstrying and get in, then you have the right to do work as you have no where left to secure yourself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast