Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible terrorist attack on Phoenix

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know anything about this shooting as it is nowhere on the national news sites. If the murderer was wearing a MAGA hat and flying a confederate flag it would be non-stop national news with Slow Joe and the Hoe having multiple press conferences.
    Don't worry it's coming. He did it because of white supremacy .... obviously!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Why don't people return fire? I'm honestly puzzled. All this violent crime and nobody is packing? Do good guys just know the areas to avoid?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    They do, and happens regulary, and gets zero media coverage. However, the % of people with CCWs who actually carry regularly is surprisingly low, so if you look at % of people with a CCW (not including states with Const carry) and the % of those who actually do it regularly, and the statistical likelihood of actually being in the right (or wrong?) place at the time of such an event, which unlike TV, happens quickly, it's still low chances of that actually happening. Obviously it varies considerably state to state and area of a state.

Finally, it's also more likely those with CCW tend to avoid areas and locations where such things have a higher potential to take place is my guess/experience, so another reason perhaps those law abiding types who are armed less likely to be involved in such an event.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Why don't people return fire? I'm honestly puzzled. All this violent crime and nobody is packing? Do good guys just know the areas to avoid?
    Around here most shootings happen in the same neighborhoods. Those who shoot back are typically wannabe gangstas shooting back at wannabe gangstas. I avoid being anywhere near those neighborhoods which is easy for me because I simply have no business being there.

As others have said, not that many law-abiding people are armed in public. Before Constitutional Carry became law, Tennessee had issued about 600k carry permits which is about 10% of adults. I'd be real surprised if more than 10% of those with permits actually carried much. So... maybe 1% of the adult population. And how many would choose to engage an active shooter if they had an option to hide/flee?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-18-21 at 10:53.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Honestly, I am permitted and rarely carry. If a local area makes me think I should carry when I visit, I don't visit.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    No people return for like 3million times a year, you just don't hear about it.
    One of the reasons you don't hear about it much is because most of the time there isn't a bang. The numbers you cite sound similar to surveys done by Gary Kleck. So-called defensive gun uses can be anything from a homeowner grabbing his gun to check a noise (cat jumping on a garbage can) to a situation like the McCloskeys.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-18-21 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The shootings were all drive by style. Most of the shootings actually happened in pretty nice areas of town.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I'm hearing that the shooter was chanting "Allah Akbar" after being taken into custody. FBI has stated investigating almost immediately.
    But remember the biggest threat to our country is those pesky trumper white supremacist we keep hearing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Shooting at someone in a moving vehicle adds a ton of variables that could completely turn you into a murderer very quickly. Unless you can 100% hit that shot perfectly as a civilian, which most can't, returning fire in this situation might put you in prison.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    The shootings were all drive by style. Most of the shootings actually happened in pretty nice areas of town.
    you might know that area more than me most likely but is that area more retirement age ? I thought it was

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    you might know that area more than me most likely but is that area more retirement age ? I thought it was
    The retirement communities are just west of there. So there are definitely a lot more retirees in that area than normal.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast