Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Orleans in June...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Don't forget Jacob's Andouille, the business was started by my wife's grandparents.
    With that history, I know you eat good!!!

OP, in addition to other restaurants listed throughout this thread, add in The Blue Tomato off of Jefferson Hwy.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Don't forget Jacob's Andouille, the business was started by my wife's grandparents.
    And its excellent, also.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Don't miss the Chris Owens show on Bourbon St, LOL.

https://www.nola.com/multimedia/phot...3bdc5c5c1.html

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    New Orleans in June...
    Any recommendations on great bars and restaurants off the beaten path?
    The Anchor Bar.

In Buffalo.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Thank you all for the advice, I was able to check this thread but couldn't post.

WW2 Museum and Airboat Tour were absolutely awesome. Ghost/Cemetery Tour was a total waste of money, especially as I had toured St Louis Cemetery on my own over lunch.

The French Quarter is cool.....for about an hour. I wish I hadn't of stayed down there. Everything in the French Quarter is subpar food for exorbitant costs. I had Oysters at Felix's....overall just diner quality food for $100. Cafe Du Monde was an experience, sure, but not that great. Creole food at Curio was the only time I specifically ordered Creole, and I wasn't a fan.

The only part of the French Quarter I liked was live food and drinks on Frenchmen. Drinks were sub $10, and the music at places like Bomboulas was awesome. Plus, not insane homeless people shitting on the street.

I had dinner and drinks at Shaya (fine Israeli cuisine) in uptown. Possibly the best food I have ever had in my life. Lunch at Turkey and the Wolf in the Garden District, very inventive food. Another Lunch at Maypop in the Warehouse District, fantastic Asian Fusion. Sushi at Sake Cafe in Uptown was some of the best Sushi I have ever had.

Basically, anytime I got out of the French Quarter, I enjoyed the hell out of myself. I never felt near as in danger as I do in Denver, granted I was carrying a gun, reload, and a fixed blade. I think the next time I come back, I'll stay outside of the city somewhere and try to hit more local cuisine, maybe a fishing trip on the bayou. It's a city with cool history, but not enough to make me want to go back any time soon.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Camelia Grill.
    It's at the corner of Carrollton and St. Charles. The few times I went they were bringing bloody marry's out to the people waiting in line.
    It's a counter/bar service place for all meals. The local chefs are working right there out in the open and they are funny and entertaining. Make sure you get a slice of pecan pie at the end. They slap a slab of butter on top and it melts right in. Is there anything better?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234