Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Juneteenth Day.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Happy Juneteenth America.

Biggest problem is the name... They couldn't just call it "Juneteenth". They couldn't think up some other catchy name either. Should be easy right? I mean everybody, and their brother is making up words these days... But no... they had to call it "The National Independence Day".

Well excuse the HELL outta me, but this country already HAS an "INDEPENDENCE DAY".

That would be on the 4th of July, the day we declared ourselves an "Independent" nation, separate from the overbearing one were were subject to at the time.

This is a direct slap in the face to the original, and TRUE "Independence Day", and is nothing more that one more thinly veiled attempt to destroy what's left of The united States as a unified nation. They want different factions of this nation (factions they worked so hard to create) celebrating different "Independence Days" as if this is two separate nations.

The political elite just want us all divided up into separate little groups, arguing with each other, so we will never again be unified. If we're talking civilly amongst ourselves we might end up saying things to each other like...
    "Why is our government making our lives more difficult, and less free?"
    "Why are they taking away our rights?"
    "Why are they spending so much of our money on stupid shit?"
    "Why are they getting us involved in wars on the other side of the planet?"

We are supposed to be "One nation, under God, indivisible..."

We have just been divided that much more.
    Well, if you want to get technical it wasn't truly July 4th, know what I mean?

I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water, emancipation is a very big deal and worthy of its own day of recognition. Certainly a better use of time than Washington's birthday, President's Day, Labor Day, and a lot of those other holidays.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    pandering
    Very much so. I don't disagree with the recognition and observance of such a thing, but it's certainly going to lead us down a path that each and every special interest group will start clamoring for their own day of observance. And politicians that love to pander will continue to pander.

it will be used to further divide vs heal, especially in these polarized times.
    Oh, absolutely. And weaponized as usual by pitting one racial group against another.

Note, that those who outright reject it due how much they dislike those who made law as a knee jerk response will be labelled as racists, so checkmate.
    People will be labeled racists anyway, they don't need a federal holiday to make that happen.

Here's the thing. We really have regressed in racial relations in this country in the last decade. By now making significant recognized holidays for each racial group, it does nothing more than divide us even further when other groups want to participate. "Why are you celebrating? You're white! This is OUR holiday!" So, instead of using it as a teaching tool to remind people how far we have come since slavery, it'll be yet another reason to divide us even further.

Like others have said, it's not the recognition of the day that's at the heart of the matter as it is a day we should remember. However, it's the fact, like everything else these days, it'll be used to divide instead of unite.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Juneteenth is a perfectly acceptable name. If you don't agree you're a racist.

And it's no longer Columbus Day, it's Indigenous People's Day.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Juneteenth Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    It really should be celebrated on sept 22 to honor & acknowledge Lincoln's role in nailing down freedom & not on a day the word got around.
    The price we all pay for choosing to be ignorant of historical facts we deem to have been “unimportant”.

We are all guilty.

The key is to learn and heal while the Communists endeavor or to rip the foundation from beneath us.

I recall expressing opinions here that were not well-received and many are ring forced upon us - just as I was expressing.

Here is another - AGAIN - race will be used to destroy the nation if we choose to remain stupid enough to allow ourselves to be further divided - and EACH OF US have critical roles to play.

Choose, think and act wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 06-19-21 at 10:33.
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Agreed...it puts a smile on my face to see the pushback against CRT as I feel it's one of the biggest challenges facing the nation & if the movement succeeds we may be doomed.

Future Patriot:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlaiseP59...37781792112641

The enemy & CRT mentality:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ServantKi...86600270536704

TRUTH!! Preach it brother!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/italia_pa...65193364004867
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water, emancipation is a very big deal and worthy of its own day of recognition. Certainly a better use of time than Washington's birthday, President's Day, Labor Day, and a lot of those other holidays.
    Few holidays celebrated are there for historical accuracy per se but as to what they represent. I don't get too hung up on it personally. Thanksgiving is when we celebrate giving the natives smallpox.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Juneteenth is a perfectly acceptable name. If you don't agree you're a racist.

And it's no longer Columbus Day, it's Indigenous People's Day.
    My sarcasm meter isn't working well these days......you say that tongue-in-cheek, right?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Like others have said, it's not the recognition of the day that's at the heart of the matter as it is a day we should remember. However, it's the fact, like everything else these days, it'll be used to divide instead of unite.
    Well it's working. While you can wish for things to be different, the hand with the shit called reality will fill up faster. Better pick a side. There won't be a middle ground, and those who attempt to occupy such will in fact be playing right into the "guilt" thing and overrun. I have no guilt, especially for things I never did and things these whiners nowadays weren't a part of either. I also make NO apologies for transgressions of 5+ generations ago. It is history, we should learn from it and it should make us more well-informed (and therefore wiser).....but it isn't.

Pick a side. It's here. Kumbaya ain't gonna happen.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The price we all pay for choosing to be ignorant of historical facts we deem to have been “unimportant”.

We are all guilty.

The key is to learn and heal while the Communists endeavor or to rip the foundation from beneath us.

I recall expressing opinions here that were not well-received and many are ring forced upon us - just as I was expressing.

Here is another - AGAIN - race will be used to destroy the nation if we choose to remain stupid enough to allow ourselves to be further divided - and EACH OF US have critical roles to play.

Choose, think and act wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of that is new. Since so few people are for real, true native Americans except, well, native Americans, we have become a country of hyphenated Americans. That does not lend itself well for unity and nationalist pride.

It used to be in fighting amongst people who look like us, Catholics against Jews, Irish Americans against Italian Americans, whatever. The different color skin and the history of slavery have exacerbated that by a factor of a billion. There are people who will choose to use that as a weapon for division because it allows for concentration of power.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

Yes... yes it was July 4th. We don't celebrate the day the idea was first brought to congress, or when it was voted on, then had to be changed... We celebrate the day it was adopted, and signed as is.

THAT was the day we declared our independence. 4 July, 1776.

Regardless, the fact is we already HAVE an "Independence Day". One for the whole of the nation. A separate one will only further divide us.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast