Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bushmaster's new initial product line

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why are even talking about Bushmaster here?
    Nostalgia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Not that it's a good idea, but isn't the intended function of a binary trigger a two round burst, without interrupting the cycle by holding the trigger back?
    I have two Fostechs… one in a rifle lower that I’m doing in 20”. Other is a pistol that I wanted to mimic the 733s from Heat (flattop upper with removable carry handle… but I also picked up an IWC mount for a light). Both are s***s and giggles guns. My truck gun, or something I’m putting in serious use… standard triggers.

Now, are they as gimmicky as bump stocks? Maybe, but also don’t need ATF telling me I can’t have cheaper fun. If they want binary triggers pulled… take back the 1986 ban on new production machine guns. I’ll buy an actual M4A1, and do the paperwork without issue.

But to be honest, binary triggers are not that great out of the box. Fostech is probably my favorite due to the trigger lock (similar to an auto-sear… won’t fire until bolt is home). But semi-pull is awesome. Binary pull is similar, but the release still requires extra pull… think stock is over 8 pounds. It isn’t something that is “just pull/release.” I’m actually looking at a Trigger Depot spring that puts semi at 2 pounds, binary pull at 5 pounds, and the release must get to 6 pounds prior to going off. They do a 3-Gun version where the binary is 4 and 5 pounds, respectively.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why are even talking about Bushmaster here?
    Well, they do have a cool logo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree that, while I have no use for one, and to me they aren't a serious addition, would never want one......they should NOT be restricted, there is no reason for that at all.

Felt the same way about bump stocks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234