Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A10, almost scrapped, new updated versions coming

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I don't think the A-10 is well suited for any engagement with a peer opponent. It was never a great fit there. It's simply too slow and vulnerable to air and ground threats. I also disagree that the A-10 is well suited for DEAD for that reason, unless there is air dominance, which will likely never exist in a peer conflict. It exposes not just itself, but all assets tasked with its protection to a much larger window of vulnerability.

I think replacing the A-7D with the A-10 was a mistake. Something more like a twin engine A-7, more like Russia's Su-25, would have resulted in an aircraft more useful today. The lack of speed and armor are the primary issues.

Also, regarding the A-10 and the Highway of Death:

Isn't this part of the argument within this thread? It was built for a peer opponent, specifically designed to be too slow, for use against Soviet armor. CAS is simply a byproduct, and one in which it excels.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Dunno if you ever found one, but Monogram had a Dragonfly in their catalog.
    https://www.scalemates.com/search.ph...A-37+Dragonfly
    I believe I did have one but could be confusing something else. We are talking 45+ years ago
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789