Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on 'Slip 2000 EWL' Packaging ?

Feedback Score

Question on 'Slip 2000 EWL' Packaging ?

Hi Guys, I wasn't certain where to ask this, so I figured I'd try here ? Is there any particular ryme or reason why I'm finding Slip 2000 EWL available with both Red & Yellow colored Labeling ? I've always used another product, but Slip does appear to work quite well, so I'll give it a try. But why the different color Labels ? Are some older stock, or ? Any input will be appreciated, THANKS

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    The red should be Slip 2000 EWL regular while the yellow should be Slip 2000 EWL 30. A little thicker oil. Per their website.

Feedback Score
    THANKS YOU My Friend, I appreciate it. I've never used it, so wasn't certain regarding the different labels. I guess I should have did what you you did, check the Website, sorry !!

Dom P.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think you’ll like the Slip stuff. I’ve been using it for ten years. It’s super good stuff.

Feedback Score
    THANKS '17K', I appreciate the reply. Yes, I've heard very good things about it, but have yet to try it. I plan on purchasing both Regular & Heavy Duty variants, as will apply each type where I feel it's best suited. Honestly, the Heavy Duty type would probably cover all needs, but as I can't speak from experience, I'll experiment myself until I know for certain. '17K', do you tend to prefer one over the other ?

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd recommend a KISS method.

Buy Slip 2000 EWL - use it exclusively and in abundance any where and everywhere you need 'firearms' lube. That's it, you're done.

Supplement with Slip 2000 EWG (grease) where grease is desired.

It's very good

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I use EWL 30 on most everything. Glocks and ARs. I have some regular EWL that I use in winter but have never had a problem with the 30 as it’s usually just in the 40s here when I’m out shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I'd recommend a KISS method.

Buy Slip 2000 EWL - use it exclusively and in abundance any where and everywhere you need 'firearms' lube. That's it, you're done.

Supplement with Slip 2000 EWG (grease) where grease is desired.

It's very good
    I concur. I've tried other lubes and I find Slip 2k just does the best for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep it from being dry, and just about any AR will run nicely.

Like we used to say, it can be dry, or it can be dirty, but it can't be dry and dirty.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10-04 on that. If I even suspect it may be a little dry, I usually drench it throughly, although I always try to wipe off any excess 'drippage', unless under range conditions only, in which case it doesn't bother me. It used numerous preparations over the years, but for some unknown reason never ended up trying Slip200 series. So, now I will ! THANKS to everyone for their appreciated replies.

Best, Dom P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast