Thread: Source For 'Guide' To Bravo Company, USA Product Abbreviations ?

Feedback Score

Source For 'Guide' To Bravo Company, USA Product Abbreviations ?

Good Morning Guys, As I'm not that familiar with all of the assorted 'product abbreviations / company nomenclature' pertaining to their particular BCM Brand weapon models & accessories, I'm wondering if there is any guide, or 'key' to sort through them all ? I did perform a brief, cursory search in BCM's Homepage, but didn't find anything resembling such an item ? If anyone happens to know where,
    I might locate such an item, please advise ? THANK YOU

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    There isn't that I'm aware of, what are wondering about? BFH is barrel forged, hammer and EMW-F, ELW, and ELW-F all refer to barrel profiles - enhanced medium weight fluted, enhanced light weight, enhanced lightweight fluted. KMR, MCMR, and QRF are all handguards - keymod, MLOK, and Quad.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Wake, I appreciate it. You do see what I mean, right ? BCM appears to have an abbreviation for practically everything. I'm fine once I've deciphered one, it's only an issue when trying to break it down the 1st time. I've always tended to focus on Colt's, & or LMT so never really delved into the BCM Brand. But, live & learn, right.

Best, Dom

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Dom, put up a list of what you want translated.

Feedback Score
    THANKS, I appreciate your kind offer !! I honestly didn't have any specific 'terms' in mind, just perhaps an overview of the product terminology that BCM tended to use. Just the brief selection that Wake27 kindly provided was enough to get me started. It seems like these days every minor variation has its own detailed description, & BCM does tend to describe their products in detail. When I go through their Website & happen across something I'm uncertain about, I'll give you a yell if that's ok with you ? Honestly, I don't see myself buying another Upper for a while now, as my new 14.5" should handle my current needs. I will be picking up another Rail system for it, & again with cost in mind, I've got my eye on a Troy, 7" 'drop in' unit for $99 + shipping. Even though it's only a 7", it should fill my requirements just fine. This Upper will be kept relatively 'minimal', with just a 'White Light' & whatever Optic I decide to put on it. In fact, I almost went with just a Magpul MOE type Handguard, with A few Rail sections where needed. However, after some thought, I'd probably be better served with the Troy, as it should allow for better cooling. THANKS AGAIN

Best, Dom

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think reading the product description should answer all of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I think reading the product description should answer all of them.
    That's pretty much how I've always deciphered their website and bought their products over the years. The pictures help too.