Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the "I bought it just because..." category

Feedback Score

In the "I bought it just because..." category

Winchester SXP "Trench", which is a limited edition by Winchester. Admittedly, it's more in the "spirit of the trench gun" than a real one - no bayonet lug or sling swivels and trench warfare these days isn't that common.

Probably will just be the occasional range/tin can blaster, but I thought it looked cool anyway. This (umpteenth) variant of the SXP has a chromed bore and chamber and Turkish driftwood furniture. Also comes with a heat shield if you so desire to install it (I did). It's part of the tsunami of Turkish shotguns that seem to be swamping the market these days.

The bolt and other components have Winchester's so-called "black chrome" finish, which to me looks like some sort of glossy baked-on finish.

Last edited by Slater; 06-20-21 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Winchester SXP "Trench", which is a limited edition by Winchester. Admittedly, it's more in the "spirit of the trench gun" than a real one - no bayonet lug or sling swivels and trench warfare these days isn't that common.

Probably will just be the occasional range/tin can blaster, but I thought it looked cool anyway. This (umpteenth) variant of the SXP has a chromed bore and chamber and Turkish driftwood furniture. It's part of the tsunami of Turkish shotguns that seem to be swamping the market these days.

The bolt and other components have Winchester's so-called "black chrome" finish, which to me looks like some sort of glossy baked-on finish.

CZ used to (maybe they still do?) advertise their Turkish side by sides as having “black chrome”. That looks like a pretty neat blaster. I’ll be looking forward to updates on how it goes. If you mount a light, I’d be interested in seeing that, also.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I like it! Should be a good home defense shotgun too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like it! Looking forward to your review.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Think this place used to do black chrome, but not seeing it offered now and not sure if 1 in the same.

https://apwcogan.com/refinishing/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It’s ok to buy a gun “just because”. Hell there are so many I want “just because” that I can’t count them all. A replica Winchester 1887 12ga is up there for me.

Feedback Score
    For me, revolvers are "just because" items.

Feedback Score
    Tristar O/U because it was cheap. Trigger sucked, fixed it. Have shot several 25's since.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

Probably will just be the occasional range/tin can blaster, but I thought it looked cool anyway. This (umpteenth) variant of the SXP has a chromed bore and chamber and Turkish driftwood furniture. Also comes with a heat shield if you so desire to install it (I did). It's part of the tsunami of Turkish shotguns that seem to be swamping the market these days.

I like it! NICE "shottie"! How many 2 3/4's can you stuff in the tube?
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Feedback Score
    This is a five shot tube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast