Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: RMR 69 gr OTMs

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Slam fires can and do happen in the AR rifles. Ever see a round you chambered then ejected. Well, LEO's are chambering the same round over and over. Each time that firing pin hits the primer. Till one day it lites it off. It happens a lot more than is told as noone wants to be that guy that shoots a hole through something so it is not reported unless it is seen by someone else.

CCI 400 primers are not made for loads over 45K psi. They are made for the 30 carbine and 22 hornet. You can use them and get away with it if your parts are not made over sized(rem 700) and you don't load 556 pressures

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Billions of rounds are fired in ARs each year. The majority of the ammo doesn't have Magnum primers.

Slam fire in an "IN SPEC" AR is not at thing. Re chambering a round leaves a dimple which, if anything, will hurt the ignition reliability.

Guys here have posted accounts of re chambering a round for patrol in Iraq so many times, that it didn't go boom when they fired it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    While I know I am Late to the party, just ordered 1K of the 69 grain OTM's. Going to use TAC and XBR, and advice form those seasoned with this particular bullet?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    While I know I am Late to the party, just ordered 1K of the 69 grain OTM's. Going to use TAC and XBR, and advice form those seasoned with this particular bullet?
    I wouldn't waste your good 8208XBR on these bullets.

The 69 3GH with 23.8- 24.3 grains of TAC works well in my rifles.

There have been several reloaders saying that a shorter seating depth matters. 2.260" COAL worked the best in my setup but don't let that stop you from testing shorter depths.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I agree. TAC is your powder. I don't mess with seating depth ever for any load. Life is too short to add that torture to my process. I think the RMRs (both 75 and 69) seem to enjoy a fast twist and velocity.

I'm just speculating, but we shot 3 loads in 2 bolt guns, and the faster twist and longer barreled gun shot a little better.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Bullets arrived and I'll start with TAC, and Federal 205's and CCi 450's
    The question for me is which of my rifle(s) to begin with :-)
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829