Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR 69 gr OTMs

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Markm- do you find the Federal AR Match primers to be a decent stand in for Wolf SRM?
    Depends on the powder. The AR Match primer is great. It boosted on of our H322 or XBR loads 40 fps if I remember right. With TAC It behaved much milder.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Good article on .223 loads involving the RMR 69

https://loaddata.com/Article/LoadDev...-Handloads/733

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post

While I wish the author would have shot more 5 shot groups, I find it interesting that in most cases, the faster powders looked to perform performed better, or at least stay inside a wider accuracy node.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post

It's a great article with bullets that can't currently be found ( Sierra TMK's and Speer Gold Dot's) with powders that can't currently be bought (Benchmark, RL-15.5, AA2460, VVN540). Maybe someday, soon.........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    It's a great article with bullets that can't currently be found ( Sierra TMK's and Speer Gold Dot's) with powders that can't currently be bought (Benchmark, RL-15.5, AA2460, VVN540). Maybe someday, soon.........
    RMR 69 gr are available as is VV N135 & N140, at least in my area.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm seeing a strange issue with the 69RMR.

Twice this has happened where I shoot a couple of sub MOA 5 shot groups with 77 SMKs. I will then switch to the 69 RMR and the first five have a ton of vertical, between 2-4", then the next five settle down to around 1 MOA. Same case, powder, and primer.

The jacket looks like a different color and I'm wondering if the metal is different,
    creating the difference.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    The jacket looks like a different color and I'm wondering if the metal is different,
    creating the difference.
    Could be. Barrels are funny, and it could be a weird copper fouling adjustment. I do describe the RMRs jacket alloy as "blonde".
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    creating the difference.
    Could be. Barrels are funny, and it could be a weird copper fouling adjustment. I do describe the RMRs jacket alloy as "blonde".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm seeing a strange issue with the 69RMR.

Twice this has happened where I shoot a couple of sub MOA 5 shot groups with 77 SMKs. I will then switch to the 69 RMR and the first five have a ton of vertical, between 2-4", then the next five settle down to around 1 MOA. Same case, powder, and primer.

creating the difference.
    I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say. You shoot a couple groups with 77 grain SMKs, and they're sub MOA. You then shoot a group with 69 grain RMRs and there's 2-4" of vertical deviation, then you shoot a second 5 shot group with 69 grain RMRs that's MOA?

I've read multiple times that some barrels take a few shots to deliver best accuracy after changing what bullets are used. As you mentioned, different manufacturers use different alloys of copper, and it's clear to me that RMR's allow isn't exactly the same as any other bullet I've ever used.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The other possibility I was notionalizing was that the barrel gets happier as it heats up a little.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast