Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR 69 gr OTMs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's moochie interesante! Would that mean the jackets are harder?

(I haven't been able to login to this MFing site in 3 days)
    Its likely. I can try to measure, but our testers will likely go into the lead. Our micro hardness guy is swamped so I dont want to bug him with personal analysis right now.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Bronze being harder than Copper, I’d venture it’s quite likely their jacket is harder.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Bronze being harder than Copper, I’d venture it’s quite likely their jacket is harder.
    Well, its bronze in name only, these are both technically brass. True bonze has tin as the main alloying metal. There are some factors that could influence hardness, but I doubt they apply here as the production process looks to be similar for the 3 bullets. I agree the higher Zn alloy should be harder, though I doubt there is any functional difference.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-29-23 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After having some early success with these, I think I am giving up on these as being any kind of a true match or target bullet. They are worth the $14/100 or whatever they go for these days, but aren't competitive against the higher priced stuff. The groups that I get with them, out of 2 bolt guns and an AR, are a little over double in size from what I get with a Hornady BTHP and 3X what I see with a 77 SMK.

On 2-3 MOA sized steel at longer distances, they can be a lot of fun. They hit harder, and buck the wind a whole lot better than a 55 or 62 FMJ, and are more accurate.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For me, if I can keep them real close to MOA, the price works. I am grabbing the SMK 77 blems when they come up too. I just can't swing the $0.40 a piece price for 1st quality OTMs at the volume we burn them up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    After having some early success with these, I think I am giving up on these as being any kind of a true match or target bullet. They are worth the $14/100 or whatever they go for these days, but aren't competitive against the higher priced stuff. The groups that I get with them, out of 2 bolt guns and an AR, are a little over double in size from what I get with a Hornady BTHP and 3X what I see with a 77 SMK.

On 2-3 MOA sized steel at longer distances, they can be a lot of fun. They hit harder, and buck the wind a whole lot better than a 55 or 62 FMJ, and are more accurate.
    Damn, Marshall what two bolt 223 guns do you have? We love shooting our 5R and Tikka. Just curious because so few people run them.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    For me, if I can keep them real close to MOA, the price works. I am grabbing the SMK 77 blems when they come up too. I just can't swing the $0.40 a piece price for 1st quality OTMs at the volume we burn them up.
    markm,have you tried these? I have almost ordered them a bunch of different times but just have not. They have been in stock forever, they either have a ton of them or they suck, LOL. Maybe I'll grab some in the near future. My Tikka actually loves the Nosler 77s the most, got the 88ELDs close but not where you are.
    https://www.shootersproshop.com/22-c...00ct-blem.html

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    markm,have you tried these? I have almost ordered them a bunch of different times but just have not. They have been in stock forever, they either have a ton of them or they suck, LOL. Maybe I'll grab some in the near future. My Tikka actually loves the Nosler 77s the most, got the 88ELDs close but not where you are.
    https://www.shootersproshop.com/22-c...00ct-blem.html
    Not Markm, but a PRS guy was saying they worked well if seated off the lands. This seems to keep them from reaching their potential in mag fed Rifles.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Not Markm, but a PRS guy was saying they worked well if seated off the lands. This seems to keep them from reaching their potential in mag fed Rifles.
    Good to hear. My only thought is in my Tikka shoots the 77s shoot better than the 69s, no matter if they're Sierra/Nosler/RMRs so that's why I wonder. It's really a totally different bullet compared to any of the 69s but I guess I will just have to grab some someday and see if there a magic pill,, LOL I could actually find a reg box someplace and pay full price and if they shoot good then just buy 1K at Shooters Pro Shop!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    markm,have you tried these?
    I have not. I've got so many irons in the fire, we were sratching our heads today.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast