Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR 69 gr OTMs

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I need to pick up some of these. I spent the afternoon at the range making patterns with PPU 69gr. I don't want to call them worthless but 1.5-3.0 MOA isn't working for me

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I need to pick up some of these. I spent the afternoon at the range making patterns with PPU 69gr. I don't want to call them worthless but 1.5-3.0 MOA isn't working for me
    Good old PRVI. Decent and reliable ammo. But their bullets are not "match" at all.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Match is definitely a stretch. They work for close in tho. Always sucks to buy a batch of a bullet only to find it doesn’t work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Match is definitely a stretch. They work for close in tho. Always sucks to buy a batch of a bullet only to find it doesn’t work.
    A few years back, I bought their 75 gr (I think) component bullets which are a hollow point design. I never saw them available after that import batch sold out.

Anyway, I shot them in a gel or water jug test, and they opened up hollow point style, not OTM frag. I kept a loaded ammo can of them in the SHTF stash since they were in the weight range of my OTM stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    VihtaVuori N140.

I have been trying to find a good load for the 69RMR for a year or so in my DDM4 V7 Pro with 18" barrel, 1/7 twist. The gun will shoot 77SMK sub moa with a few different powders. Any projectile smaller than that, I couldn't seem to get there. But yesterday I finally found a powder that works... N140.

It's a bummer that gun is so sensitive. I really want to use the 69RMR because they are almost as cheap as FMJs. I also don't like having to use VihtaVuori because it is spendy and has been harder to get at times, but there is no arguing with the superiority I've experienced from other VV powders in other calibers. But since I only have one pound of N140, I will have to continue searching I guess. Maybe at least now I can zero in on the burn rate.
    Last edited by TNTall; 02-06-22 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTall View Post
    VihtaVuori N140.

I have been trying to find a good load for the 69RMR for a year or so in my DDM4 V7 Pro with 18" barrel, 1/7 twist. The gun will shoot 77SMK sub moa with a few different powders. Any projectile smaller than that, I couldn't seem to get there. But yesterday I finally found a powder that works... N140.

It's a bummer that gun is so sensitive. I really want to use the 69RMR because they are almost as cheap as FMJs. I also don't like having to use VihtaVuori because it is spendy and has been harder to get at times, but there is no arguing with the superiority I've experienced from other VV powders in other calibers. But since I only have one pound of N140, I will have to continue searching I guess. Maybe at least now I can zero in on the burn rate.
    It would seem that your setup likes a slower powder, similar burn rate as Reloder 15 and Varget. I've had really good success with TAC behind 69 grain Noslers but haven't tried it with the 69 RMR.

I'm running a much faster powder, closer to H322.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My current lot of H322 seems to run hotter than normal. I loaded a 69 gr powder test this weekend with 4064, H322, and IMR 3031.

4064 was only loaded to Max (24 gr) due to not knowing which lot I had previously tested. This lists as a compressed load, but I didn't feel too much crunch at all when seating. I use a drop funnel with the Chargemaster. These shot mid 2800s out of a 20" bolt gun.

H322 was running fastest in the high 2800s with a charge about 3/10 over max.

3031 is a full grain over max and not even at 2850 fps.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My current lot of H322 seems to run hotter than normal. I loaded a 69 gr powder test this weekend with 4064, H322, and IMR 3031.

4064 was only loaded to Max (24 gr) due to not knowing which lot I had previously tested. This lists as a compressed load, but I didn't feel too much crunch at all when seating. I use a drop funnel with the Chargemaster. These shot mid 2800s out of a 20" bolt gun.

H322 was running fastest in the high 2800s with a charge about 3/10 over max.

3031 is a full grain over max and not even at 2850 fps.
    Is your goal more velocity?

I've heard that 2000MR can provide a good bump but that it tends to be harder on barrels.
    Last edited by MarshallDodge; 02-22-22 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We are more about accuracy than velocity. Its easy to turn a turret if you need more distance. Always want good velocity with great accuracy is our goal.

FWIW, I bought a couple more thousand of these RMR's because when I thought our massive stash of cheap Noslers 77's would last forever, but they didn't and don't. These have already creeped up a couple cents so....Word will get out slowly. I remember when I bought my first batch he had ever 250,000 in inventory, my last order was back ordered.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-22-22 at 19:03.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Is your goal more velocity?
    Yeah. Like Pappabear said, accuracy is priority. I try to get over .223 velocities, but not so hot the brass is trashed and primers are popping.

Kinda target 100 fps under a full 5.56 velocity so there's some cushion.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast