Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightest, smallest, Flash/Brake combo???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All good points thanks. For now, I will wait for DA to finish more of these:
    https://definitivearms.com/product/d...er-brake-24mm/

24mm is a small world as I am learning. 14mm is a wide wide world in comparison.

In considering suppression, I will pass for now - and if I went that route I might consider chopping the barrel and going a whole different route on devices. I've learned one thing: AKs ain't ARs, and for NOTHING would I yank a WP barrel - just won't. Also, you almost need an assessment from a real AK Smith to know whether you can suppress a particular gun - and this one will be left as is for now.

If I go for flash (much better choice) I might look are Krebs as they are lighter than the Manticore. With a full length barrel and 24mm device you can really feel it. But for now the DA device should do.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-05-21 at 06:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Got my SAIGA FE converted, and now have the 24X 1.5 mm threads. What brake works, reduces flash, AND does well on noise (linear)? Yes, I want it all. Thanks.
    Surefire Warcomp which unfortunately is not offered in 24x1.5

If this is for a Saiga, I would just install an AK-100 series Russian zig zag style muzzle brake or pick up a chrome lined Bulgarian one from KVAR. They do well in terms of noise and recoil reduction. Muzzle flash is another story, but unless you plan on doing night shooting it won’t be an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12