Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good 6.8 SPC barrel and BCG?

Feedback Score

Who makes a good 6.8 SPC barrel and BCG?

So my father recently passed away 4 months ago due to cancer and I inherited my father’s AR that he originally built as a hunting gun. The problem is it’s a PSA upper and I remember it having constant failure to feeds every time we used to take it out, even with different mags and ammo.

So I was looking to possibly rebuild it in hopes to get it running reliably to honor him. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I built a 6.8 SPC II for whitetail and coyote hunting here in NE Indiana. Daniel Defense's S2W 6.8 barrels were highly recommended at that time(8 years ago) and I have zero complaints. I went 16in to keep gun as handy as possibly.

I'd probably go with Wilson Combat's barrels now a days as I don't know if DD still makes those barrels.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    So my father recently passed away 4 months ago due to cancer and I inherited my father’s AR that he originally built as a hunting gun. The problem is it’s a PSA upper and I remember it having constant failure to feeds every time we used to take it out, even with different mags and ammo.

So I was looking to possibly rebuild it in hopes to get it running reliably to honor him. Any ideas?
    I’m sorry to hear that about your father. I hope you’re doing OK. I know it doesn’t quite answer your question, but when I see persistent failures to feed on inexpensive uppers, there’s usually burrs on the barrel extension, and a few careful minutes with a small file fixes them.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    ARP, none better that I know of. I have three in 6.8 and one in 5.56. All shoot great.

Feedback Score
    I second AR Performance. Constructor knows what he's doing and sells bolts as well as great barrels. He has them made in batches, so I don't know what's in stock, but a 16" (or shorter) will do fine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Arperformance.com for sure.

Read their page thoroughly before buying. The barrels are gassed to work with good ammo. Shit ammo will run like shit.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    https://www.ar15performance.com/

https://www.ar15performance.com/6_8_barrels

AS of 2/28 we have not heard anything about the shipment of bolts and BCGs.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Damn they are out of stock on their 16” barrels and bolts otherwise I would buy both right then and there.

Feedback Score
    I purchased a Blackstone upper in 6.8 and can recommend without any reservation.
    Blackstone uses AR Performance barrels.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another vote for ARP here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast